AMD vs. Intel

I've used both arrays of processors extensively, and I prefer Intel.

Chances are I don't game as much as most of you here in the forum, but my top Intel system screams when handling anything relating to polygons.

If I had less available money to spend, I would WITHOUT A DOUBT use AMD. When money is just slightly less of a boundry, Intel pays the cost to the boss.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i had more money to spend, id get an fx-55 or fx-53 and pwn any intel you throw at me

430950[/snapback]

Sir, I doubt that. :lol:

Can you say OCed 3.72GHz P4EE /w HT and 64bitsupport.

Watercooled, with "chill conditioning" tower.

Edited by noseeme

Have you ever read this thought it was interesting...

Came from TheSternMystic post

AMD, short for advanced micro devices.

Creators of the lines of Duron and Athlon processors. Designed with IPC in mind, substituting clockspeed for performance. In lateral terms, the ratio beween clock speed and performance is rather amazing on an Athlon CPU.

- AMD is also known to make flash memory products.

AMD processors work on the concept of slow processor clock, but high performance. a heart that beats slower is better than one that beats faster because the slower heart pumps more blood each beat and does not tire tiself.

intel

A very expensive and inefficient air heater.

"Shniel Shniel!! Crank up ze Intel before I get ze frostbite on mein fingers!!"

today at school in computer somebody was typing for a project, "AMD makes slower processors than intel"

So when they left, I did a bit of editing and made it say, "AMD makes processors, then Intel"

:lol::lol:

Guest Raven65

Well , I might be wrong here but didn't AMD make processors for Intel at one time? Intel then stole some technology or something and then Amd whent out on their own.

My first computer was a comadore vic 20.

My first new age computer was a pbell. 486 66mhz

when I took off the heat sink, low and behold even though it said on the outside, Intel inside. The processor was an AMD.

I'll stick with AMD!!! till (Cyrix makes a comeback.)<<<J/K LOL

Raven

Well , I might be wrong here but didn't AMD make processors for Intel at one time? Intel then stole some technology or something and then Amd whent out on their own.

My first computer was a comadore vic 20.

My first new age computer was a pbell. 486 66mhz

when I took off the heat sink, low and behold even though it said on the outside, Intel inside. The processor was an AMD.

I'll stick with AMD!!! till (Cyrix makes a comeback.)<<<J/K LOL

Raven

431175[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right, AMD were a company that made processors for Intel at one point, sorta sub-contracted. Then they got pissed off somehow and went off on their own. Good job they did, too!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Sir, I doubt that.  :lol:

Can you say OCed 3.72GHz P4EE /w HT and 64bitsupport.

Watercooled, with "chill conditioning" tower.

Yes, but it doesnt mean much except high temps and low price/performance ratio :P. FX procs have the capability to be the fastest procs you can get. Check ALL the orbs...all 3dmarks, pcmark, etc, and whats on first page? OC'd FX procs. Not just for gaming, those things are beasts.

I've used both arrays of processors extensively, and I prefer Intel.

Chances are I don't game as much as most of you here in the forum, but my top Intel system screams when handling anything relating to polygons.

If I had less available money to spend, I would WITHOUT A DOUBT use AMD. When money is just slightly less of a boundry, Intel pays the cost to the boss.

430947[/snapback]

have you checked the price of amd and intel lately?

think youll find its the other way

have you checked the price of amd and intel lately?

think youll find its the other way

444648[/snapback]

how do youfigure that AMD is more expensive than intel for the same performance?

EDIT:

Lets assume 3.0 = 3000+

3.0 = about $182

3000+ = about $155

hummm

Edited by cchalogamer