Soyo Ultra Kt333

I was asked to look at this machine for my neibor. I plug it in and no boot. fans spin but no monitor. So crack it open. it has a gainward 5200 256mb video card. I reset the bios. Still no boot. I reset the video card. no boot. I put in a new video card. still agp , no boot. I unplug all ide devices, including the floppy. still nothing. so I take everything out except the video card. and still no boot. I put in just the original video card, and still nothing. so it must be the board or the chip? I think I have another chip to try. but is there some try on these soyo boards?

I ran into the identical situation with a brand new SOYO K7-VMP2 about a month ago. I followed their troubleshooting guide to no avail. End result- it was the mobo. You've done all the proper steps. With no beeps, but fans spinning means the board and CPU aren't communicating. Try the other chip to rule out that possibility but I bet it's the board.

well the other original chipp still dosn't work, so I'm going to swap things around again,. and makre sure it will boot up ok, with all of his periphraols plugged back in and see if he can settl with the 1700 or if he was to replace or upgrade his 2100

Generally speaking Soyo mobo's are completely crap. I had a KT400 based soyo board that would freeze up on boot even on fail-safe seetings in the bios. The attached picture pretty much sums up how the quality of the boards are from Soyo when they are shipped out to customers.

Generally speaking Soyo mobo's are completely crap. I had a KT400 based soyo board that would freeze up on boot even on fail-safe seetings in the bios. The attached picture pretty much sums up how the quality of the boards are from Soyo when they are shipped out to customers.

AHAHAH, i love it!

but for real, soyo's are junk imo, just like lilkev said....but nice u found out it was the chip, would have rather seen the mb go bad as it wasnt worth as much as the 2100+ anyways LOL.