31 members have voted

1. 1. Military

• Air Force
    • Navy
    • Marines
    • Army
    • Coast Guard
    • Who cares

Is there a reason you hate the military?

Is it because without a military this country would not be free?

Is it because without a military all the people here would probably been killed or enslaved by other countries that do have a military?

Is it because you don't want the people you know like your family and friends to be safe?

Do you not like being able to wake up in the morning and not having to worry about armies from other countries coming and taking over?

The U.S. military is what keeps you and everyone else in this country safe!

Or is it because you have no compassion for other countries too weak to defend themselves?

Because without protection that is what would happen.

Do you hate laws too? The ones that keep order in this country and help prevent chaos from taking over?

Are those the things you hate about it, because I take pride in our countries military. I respect the people that are willing to give their lives to keep you and me safe!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with what the Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus is doing? I see nothing wrong with it.

As for military, I support all branches. I am extremely fond of the Army and almost joined 4 years ago - Was going to fly AH-64s out of the local reserve base. Was also interested in the 101st and 82nd Airborne divisions.

Father was Army Core of Engineers, Uncle is Navy Com, one Grandfather was in the Navy and was at Normandy, other Grandfather was USAF and Army. Have a best friend at the Naval academy, and I graduated with many people who are in the Air Reserve at the 228th CBCS and 134th ARF.

So, while I may not serve, I fully support the military wherever they may be.

I don't think everything should just stop but we should remember that day and be grateful that we live in a country that can recover from a thing like that. We can't stop everything to mourn a full day about September 11th but we can at least consider the people that died that day and the families that lost loved ones because of the terrorists.

If you do not care about the people that died then that is your business. But do not insult those who do care for their fellow Americans.

Some people take pride in the United States. I am one of them.

Others do not and you appear to be a person who does not.

I, on September 11th will be participating in a memorial service at my church to honor those who died and those who live to prevent more deaths.

Where will you be?

Will you even think about the people that deserve your respect? The ones that protect your way of life?

I won't take the whole day and stay at home depressed about 1 year ago, but I will take into consideration the events that happened on that day.

Will you give those people that little bit of consideration?

I do not have a problem with them closing their site. That is a good way to demonstrate your patriotism and compassion for those who died and those who lost family or friends.

I am just saying that stopping everything is not necessary to demonstrate that. It is a great thing to do, but I don't think everything in the country should shut down. A simple moment of thought for those people would be enough.

.....now I'm on active reserve

That kinda like contradicts itself doesnt it?

Reserve meaning not being used untill the time is right..

and Active meaning being used... :P

nothing against you.. It justs sounds kinda funny.. but maybe thats just me :P

I believe that Active Reserve means you are in the Reserve but you work full time.

I am not in the Reserve so I can't be sure but that is what I think it is.

I know a lot of people who work full time in the Reserve and are considered Active Reserve so I assume that is the meaning.

what the heck? who cares, this is a COMPUTER FORUM, :-) :lol: although the armed forces use alot of computers! :)

I guess Air Force, cuz my dad worked for Northrop Grumman on the B2 Bomber upgrade project in Palmdale, CA.

Computer forum lol...I guess the sweet tea poll and Cheese puff poll had more to do with computers lol :P