At A Loss...

d3bruts1d

I'm still having issues with my system, and can't think of anything else to do. Every time I run 3Dmark it locks up during the 2nd car chase scene. That's not all, it also locks up during BF1942 and SoF2 - That's all I've tested.

When I got my new GF4, I didn't think and just put it in w/o removing the old ATi drivers from my 7200... so I attempted to go back and remove this manually, and got most of everything... however, this didn't resolve my problems... so I uninstalled and removed my GF4, put my 7200 back in, installed the drivers for it...

And 3Dmark would run with the ATi back in the computer.

...So I removed and uninstalled the drivers, and put my GF4 back in the computer.... started up XP and it auto detected the card.... Ran 3Dmark using the default windows drivers and it froze, no biggie as it was using the default windows drivers... installed the 40.41 rebooted, and ran 3Dmark again, and just as before it locked up during the 2nd car chase.

I've tried the display with settings ranging from best quality to best performance, and everything in between, and nothing helps.

Anyone have ideas what to try now?

VisionTek GF4ti 4600 (40.41)

Asus TUA266 Mobo

P3 933Mhz (not OCed ATM)

512M DDR 2100 (Kingston)

Windows XP Pro

:/