Double Mobo Case?

I'll spend some time brain stormin... may be I can gut a couple of cases, just take the mounting stuff for the PSU and mobo tray out and try and make a double case with either a wood shell or metal shell. I'd prefer metal simply because its stronger and I'm very protective of my computer parts. :lol: The easiest thing to build completely from scratch would be a plexi case, but those aren't very strong and also have stacic electricity build ups from what I hear...

Edited by Ghost2520

If you go wood , you need to makes ure to seal all of the wood inside at least. That way, the wood cannot transfer moisture to the inside of the case. I think urethane varnish would work great for that, and unless you are going to have a window, you wouldn't have to worry about runs in the varnish, so it would be much easier than finishing regular wood.

TWO pc's in ONE case? man, my case is heavy ENOUGH... i can't imagine moving it anywhere with double the amount of drives, heatsinks, cards, psu's... that would just be ridiculous...

it would be totally none portable... why not just get two identical cases and some velcro (hook and loop) fasteners? :D

• 6 years later...

dude make it urself i wish more ppl would everyone should have some kinda mod project going all the time make it out of wood and if u have the means try metal

but i think mounting the mobo's back to back with a inch or 2 will b the best set up . it would b alot easyer to access them and it might help with air flow

another idea is make a clamping mecanism on the 2 cases and just attach them together when ur on the move cause if u decide to just take 1 u would b rooked if there were permant

im actually making one of these right now. two power supplies are side by side on the top. one motherboard stays as if it came from the factory. then i took a motherboard rack from another case i had around, tig welded the rack to the the side panel of the case, mounted the second motherboard, and then hooked everything back up.

Edited by vocalict