A Little More Sig Banner Room

see now a larger sig wouldnt be as bad if the forum was Vbulletin, cause then users that dont want the images in teh sig can turn it off.

but there is no such option here.

I personally do not like images in the signatures, but I think this site is mroe a show off then technical so it doesnt really matter.

see now a larger sig wouldnt be as bad if the forum was Vbulletin, cause then users that dont want the images in teh sig can turn it off.

but there is no such option here.

I personally do not like images in the signatures, but I think this site is mroe a show off then technical so it doesnt really matter.

even if its text, people are showing of what they got, with images people get to put a little creativity into into it.

large ones are annoying i agree, how large is too large depends on who you ask.

yes I know even text is showing off.... but it would be nice to have the option to turn off the sig for individual users.

I mean look at your post, with the quote and your reply, your sig still takes up more space then your post.

PERSONALLY I would like the option to turn them off.

yes I know even text is showing off.... but it would be nice to have the option to turn off the sig for individual users.

I mean look at your post, with the quote and your reply, your sig still takes up more space then your post.

PERSONALLY I would like the option to turn them off.

when my sig was purely text it was just as many lines. just look at invader's

also as you can tell it only shows up on the first post per thread

Fast SS appearently you dont look in you settings very good becuase if you click My Control> Board Settings then you get this

notice the VERY first option

the VERY first option is for daylight savings time! :P

heh heh, invadertrax, you could so easily resize that to 480 x 80 and optimise it for file size (Save for Web in Photoshop does a very good job of this)

I think if you resized it without cropping it would look cool cos the text would stretch out wide...

oh yeah, under 28k... save for web, you can move a quality slider and see what the image looks like compared to the original, with gif, jpeg and png (haha) options...

occ_sig_pic_under_28k.jpg

made easy work of getting this under 28k! (heh heh, note the filename)

i really think the text AND pic sig facilities on this site are decent enough to show the important specs of your rig(s) and even show off a bit with a bit of graphics!

480 x 100? man, what then? 480 x 480? :lol:

As far as listing equipment and specs,yes it's a bit of showing off (isn't that part of the fun?),however the specs are also there so that when someone asks for help,another member can see at a glance what components are in the ailing system and maybe come up with a solution quicker,with a minimum of back and forth posting to determine system specs.Makes sense to me.Sig images?Don't like 'em turn 'em off. :)