Which Is Better?

Is a 9600XT better than a 9800Pro? I understand they both have different cores, but does the extra memory on the 9600 make it better? I also see the 9600 is much cheaper and id be pretty pissed if it was better than my 9800Pro.

PS, is there anything you can do with a 9800Pro, in terms of flashing?

Is a 9600XT better than a 9800Pro? I understand they both have different cores, but does the extra memory on the 9600 make it better? I also see the 9600 is much cheaper and id be pretty pissed if it was better than my 9800Pro.

PS, is there anything you can do with a 9800Pro, in terms of flashing?

the 9800Pro is much better than the 9600Xt..and if you wanna overclock sometime, the VGA silencer wont fit on the 9600XT..so the 9800Is much better than the 9600XT in performance graphics and even appearence loll..

And no you cannot flash the 9800Pro

Edited by RadioActivated

That's funny, I have a VGA Silencer on my 9600XT. Yes, it is a VGA Silencer, and yes, the card IS a 9600XT. No modification. It is the VGA Silencer Rev. 3.

I would get the 9600XT over the 9600 pro, and spend the extra money. But, if you have even more extra money, the 9800 Pro would be a great choice.

I would think so, but I've never used a heatpipe cooler on my vid card. I would think the Silencers is better because it not only cools the core well, but it ports the heat out of your case.

As for ramsinks, I took two NB heatsinks, cut them up into four pieces, and attached them using thermal pads. I'm thinking of replacing the thermal pads with epoxy.

Oh, and if you're going to get the 9600XT, YOU HAVE TO GET THE REV.3. It is the only one that will fit without modification. Happy overclocking!

Im not getting a 9600XT, i already have a 9800 pro. I was just wondering if i should have gone with the 9600, but now im glad i didnt. Yep, epoxy should work the best. Im buying ramsinks, they're expensive as hell but they'll be worth it. :)

9800 pro is far better than the 9600 xt cos of the 8 pipes and 4 vertex engines. The vga silencer is probably the best aftermarket cooler for the ati 9800 series (not xt i don't think). and its cheap too!