Best Cooling

What is the best cooling for an amd 2700+, radeon 9800pro and my northbridge chipset. Is water the best? I am overclocking. My current setup is in my signature.

How much ya wanna spend??

Water is better than air (if done properly)

chiller is better than water.

then there are TEC's

phase change, etc. etc.

From your research, which direction are you thinking of going?

Happy to help

I (and many others) custom built mine....

Whitewater block from Dtek (get the solid not NOT the Lucite as they 'can' crack)

Hydor L30 or Eheim 1250 pump

Homemade res using 2" or 2.5" PVC pipe

1/2"ID 3/4" OD tubing from the hardware store

Chevette or similar heater core (or the DD or Dtek heater cores if you don't want to mod it yourself)

a little time and effort

personally I wouldn't bother watercooling your northbridge.... not worth it.. air cooling does just fine and it is not worth the flow restriction in the system....

Hope that helps a bit.....

Water cooling is a bit of work, but for me it was worth it.... I can run high vCores with low temps and just about no noise!

If you are willing to spend $150 on cooling then make a custom water-cooling set up. If you decide to water-cool then search these forums. There are tons of posts about how to, and the cost of self-built water-cooling.

For air cooling: Look in the review section of this very site. We have reviewed so many heatsinks and fans.. It's completely up to you, just take your time and decide on a heatsink then shop around for a good price... now for your VGA, get the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer its pretty fly.

Either way, don't stress too much about Northbridge cooling. I just epoxied an old P4 cooler onto my NB with no fan and it's never changed from 27C.

Which is better though for my price range. I wanna squeeze the most out of my processor and video. There shouldn't be a problem to much with me going to lan partys every month and getting a water cooling system right? What do u mean by using a pvc pipe for a reservoir how does that work. They only cost 25 brand new and i can finnaly use my floppy bays for something. And how much does a Chevette heat core cost. Send me any links if u can i found the hydor pump for $50 and the dtek waterblock for 50. I have a Raidmax Scorpio 868 case (grey)if that makes any difference. Thanks

Edited by pyro_chaos