A Few Question

Ste

Ill post them in 1 thread so its not annyoing.

1. How do i forceably delete a file from my computer. When i mean forceable i mean ive tried all other ways i know of, and it won't let me delete it.

2. When i go to turn off my computer, is it a bad thing if rundll32.exe and or norton AV or msn explorer always come up unresponsive and i have to end them.

3.For XP is there a way to totally by passs the login window and just go to desktop, because the ppl who use it here only use one account and its annoying to always enter a password.

4. How do i stop scheduled tasks, and just stop them form being scheduled, because I do them manually now and its very annoying when AV and disk defrag pops up when ur in an online game, then HELLO LAGH.?

Thank you.

go into safe mode and delete the file...just tap f8 on start up. Safe mode should let you do pretty much whatever the hell you want.

to bypass login you need to have the only account on the computer.

Edited by mmmurph16

Um thanks, um how would i dlelete the other 2 accounts that we don't use? and could someone else answer my others questions.

i tried going under safe mode and when it was deleting file it stated deletion cannot accur acces to the file ashserve.exe was denied. If this because its an AV program, i already have Norton, but i dled this one when i was drunk so now i want it gone any ideas?

Edited by Ste

3.For XP is there a way to totally by passs the login window and just go to desktop, because the ppl who use it here only use one account and its annoying to always enter a password.

I don't know about totally bypassing login, but you can delete your password. Open "Start" menu, click on "Control Panel" > "User Accounts" > "Change an Account" > click on your login picture under "Pick an Account to Change" > "Remove My Password" > type your password in, click "Remove".

Edited by Phil

Um thanks, um how would i dlelete the other 2 accounts that we don't use? and could someone else answer my others questions.

i tried going under safe mode and when it was deleting file it stated deletion cannot accur acces to the file ashserve.exe was denied. If this because its an AV program, i already have Norton, but i dled this one when i was drunk so now i want it gone any ideas?

its because avast i think your using is running on startup. go into add remove programs in the control panel and unistall it. that should help

Alrighty, For avasti, i removed it from registry, deleted its services and termintaed its processes, i deleted all files except 1, which won't let me delete it it says access was denied.

Anyways i still have 2 remaining questions, how do i delete schudled tasks and secondly if msn, Norton Av, and or rundll32.exe come up as unresponisive when i go to shut down, is this bad and what can i do to correct the problem,

I really appreciate all the help here.

THANKS!!!!

PLZ this stuff is annoying

Edited by Ste

• 7 months later...

trying to do the same thing with bypassing the login screen, doesnt work so far. I went thru and unchecked "require using Ctrl+Alt+Del" setting, but it still comes in with a login popup. i want my puter to boot up, run a program that is its sole purpose in life. any ideas?

holy wack this is an old post, delete all users but the one ur using make it the administrator and delete the password on it. should work, also disable guest account all this is in control panel under accounts.

holy wack this is an old post, delete all users but the one ur using make it the administrator and delete the password on it. should work, also disable guest account all this is in control panel under accounts.

394464[/snapback]

tried that, theres 2 accts for asp services that im supposing my progs use at some point, and even with those disabled, administrator as the only active acct and no customs with no pw at all, it still stops at the welcome screen. when i disable the welcome screen, it goes to the logon screen. sure, all i have to do is hit enter, but i need it to bypass this. i suppose i couls script past that, but was looking for an easier solution.

and yes, this is an old post :P

but a new problem for me.