Wonder If It's Safe....

Sup guys :P I've had my h20 system running for like a month now non-stop till 1 night I decided to turn it off.............24hrs later...........I turn everything on and decide to look at the reservoir........bacteria had developed! :angry: So like....the question is.......is it safe to put some bleach in there to keep the system clean? :blink:

as long as it doesn't leak, is what i would think. but wait for someone who knows more than i do about water cooling.

also, next time, try some 'water wetter', it's supposed to prevent bacteria and do other things.

Edited by aiRman

I would hesitate to add bleach unless you know for sure that it won't dry out the pvc lines and make them brittle.

I did hear of some guys using windshield washer fluid instead of water. Cool blue colour, no bacteria or algae and it's cheap! Never tried it myself (use air cooling) but as long as you keep it topped up it should be great!

yea that guy was in MaximumPC...umm sometime last year...prolly about this time last year...anyway the windshield washer fuild does a few things...it looks great(blue), contains acohol(dissipates heat faster then water, but evaporates quicker), costs like a 1.19 a gallon but needs to be refilled more often (like once every 3weeks you need to add a little to it) algae and stuff doesn't like to grow in it either...prolly the alcohol... anyway i'm gonna be using it when i get my wc system

LoL. Well a friend of mine told me to use radiator fluid, and fo shure no bacteria will develop in that :P I have some at my house that's red, and my motherboard is red so i think it would look nicer :lol: So I'll try that when i have time to take my PC outside and work on it..........again.

take the water cooling system out of the case , the clamps, and the blocks for the cpu , and run them ut of the case with soap and warm water, to get rid of anything. Then Flush them with cold water , then set it back up and add anti-freeze ( kills bacteria and stuff)