Connecting 2 Computers To 1 Monitor

Just wondering if I can connect 1 monitor to 2 computers and switch between them? Both are running radeon video cards and both have the dual monitor hookups. :foldon:

Well my Sony GPD400 supports 2 inputs so I can switch from Computer to Computer (2 inputs = 2 Cords)

However most ppl don't have this high end monitor so I am assuming you don't have one, therefor you should go with a KVM....

you can get a KVM..

I had one that you would hit scroll lock and tab to switch between the two..

It uses both video cards in the PCs

an alternative if you've got XP on both, and they're both networked, is to use Remote Desktop Connection (part of XP, you might have to install it because it probably isn't installed by default).

You can have one computer as a window or full-screen'd on the other... depends what you want to do, yer limited ever-so-slightly by the LAN connection so something like 3D games will either not work properly or just have like 15 fps or somint rubbish...

My 2nd rig (my old PIII rig) is used for playin DVDs on the TV and 24/7 folding and downloading so, for that, Remote Desktop is ideal (and free! :D)

an alternative if you've got XP on both, and they're both networked, is to use Remote Desktop Connection (part of XP, you might have to install it because it probably isn't installed by default).

You can have one computer as a window or full-screen'd on the other... depends what you want to do, yer limited ever-so-slightly by the LAN connection so something like 3D games will either not work properly or just have like 15 fps or somint rubbish...

My 2nd rig (my old PIII rig) is used for playin DVDs on the TV and 24/7 folding and downloading so, for that, Remote Desktop is ideal (and free! :D)

or you could use a vnc program. thats what i use for my p1 servers :lol: