Comparing Air Vs. H2o

I have to say that the Swiftech kits are good, but they do have problems with the rads. The single rad does a *ity job of dissipating the heat from the water. If you plan to to any overclocking, you will be forced to get another rad of the same type, or replace it with a larger one like I did.

The water blocks on the other hand, are impressive. Given that the rad could not dissipate the heat like I wanted, was proof to me that the water block was doing its job, and then some.

Also, they are quiet. Verrry quiet. :) But this is common place with H2O systems, anyway.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one of these systems... what's the cooling rate from core to liquid? And in running a water-cooling system, should you start the pump before you switch on the comp?

well to make it simpler for you...never turn your comp off and :foldon: lol but for the occational time that the comp goes off for some reason and you weren't there...well i would turn the pump on then the comp.

Swiftech for sure. Look into D-Tek waterblocks as I have one in my water cooling system, they're really cheap and built to last. But voerall I would definatly choose swiftech.

This is my D-Tek

shervin21082863478DSC00550.JPG

dood why are you watercooling 1800 im just wondering , it's fine

anyway Watercooling looks sweet but it can casue so many probelms , i mean if it leaks on to something , i would get a nice P4 HSF like the slient boost or what ever the quiet one if for the p4

I've just ordered Zalman Reserator 1 for AU$299. The only H2o cooling without fan which will be very quiet during operation. I read the preview and its not bad at all. I will feedback the perfomance after trying it. :D

One other thing you must remember is that if you are in a area where it is warm all the time, case fans will only keep you at rooms temps at the lowesst. Water cooling will bring you lower all the time. However, if it is rather hot where you are, the radiator will not be able to dissapate heat as well, but still will be decent. One of the best ways to keep the computer cool is just try and keep the room where the computer is cool. Ya, and for those of us whom live with our parents still, nothing we can really do lol.

I've just ordered Zalman Reserator 1 for AU$299. The only H2o cooling without fan which will be very quiet during operation. I read the preview and its not bad at all. I will feedback the perfomance after trying it. :D

Bad choice man. A couple of guys on my other forum said that it was very easy to tip over and cause it to crack, and that their pumps are not powerfull.