Gel Highlighters

Others here have said that the gel highlighters are the best highlighters to use in a case for uv reactiveness, and at work they had a bunch of them so i took one home (dual yellow and pink).

So my question is: Is there anything I CAN'T color? Like are there certain things on the mobo that if i highlight it, it will cause problems or break it, or whatever? Same on videocards and memory as well...basically anything i should know before going all out ;)

There was a guide I saw a while ago about using glow in the dark gel pens to highlight things on a vid card and mobo. All you need to make sure is that the highlighter is COMPLETELY non-conductive, then you can color anything. ;)

Ah ha! found it UV Drawing @ Metku Mods

Edited by DarkScorpion

Wow thats fkn amazing.

:withstupid: that is suh-weeeet! I'll have to check out the box the highlighter came from when i get into work tomorrow to make sure it's not conductive. I'm guessing they'd say something if it was.

But mine's not one of those pens, so i wonder how easily it will be to trace the circuits. Here's what i have:

is it a ball point, you might want a ball point one.? If its Gel isi can pretty much promise its non-conductive, because normal pens are highly conductive because they contain lead.... I wanna do that to my motherboard tho it'd take a long time but it would look SWEET in the end. Special for those of you with those plexy-glass cases

I would think that even if the pen is conductive that if all you do is trace the lines and dot the dots then it shouldnt matter. If you accidently cross over you may have a problem but if your careful everything should be fine.

just make sure it is dry before you power it back up :P

will do. and p8baller, it's not ballpoint. it's a highlighter...so think "marker", but with gel ink. I plan on doing a full upgrade of my computer in the beginning of june (after the new cards/cpus are released), so maybe i'll wait a little til i'm ready to buy those, and then try it out on my current stuff....wouldn't want to ruin the new parts.

Shouldn't have any problems with conducting as along as you stay on the conformal coating. (that clear stuff that coats the board.) Even so, I would still stay away from any bare metal. Heard about DDR voltage mods with a pencil?