Temps On Athlon Xp 2600+

Are you using stock cooling? Are you using the thermal pad that came with it? If so, at least ditch the thermal pad and use some AS. (artic silver) Then save up for a better HSF. (ditch the thermal pad on that as well) Those temps are TOO high for MY liking and I own a 2600+ as well.

What are you case temps?!?! If you take the side cover off of your computer and your cpu temps drop you NEED to work on getting better air flow threw your case.

If they don't drop, recheck to see if you installed the stock HSF correctly. More often than not people will not install them correctly if they have never done it before.

My stock temps at idle was 111 Fl

Hope that helps,

Rob

i dotn see what u guys' problems are with temps.. i recently build a new comp (which i have never done before) amd athlonxp 2200 @ 2169mhz , 256ddr (333mhz) abit nf7 mobo and my temps are 17

it is on stock cooling and i bought this pc from a company (ABS) so i do know that it is installed correctly

and my case temps are 27c idle and 32c load

In that case I'm SURE they used the stock cooler and the thermal pad that came with it. Get a better cooler. (HSF)

Rob

it is on stock cooling and i bought this pc from a company (ABS) so i do know that it is installed correctly

and my case temps are 27c idle and 32c load

u never know man, businesses make mistakes too. u might want to try reseating it.

when i get some money i'll probable get a volcano 7+ any other suggestion for a low budget

I think a volcano 9 will be better wit a 90 mm running at 3500 rpm and one 80mm side fan and another for exhaust will get you under de 50

yes i think that a volcano 9 will cool alot quiter i have my volcano 7+ on median 48?? rpm's it's a little loud but my cpu has never seen above 50c ever even after a overnight toast sesion 49c not bad for