Asus P4p8xse Mobo And Ram Issue.

Ok, I just purchased an Asus P4P8XSE and a 2.8 GHz P4 Prescott. Bought a Spark 7+ heatsink, and got it all in today. I installed everything properly (I'm assuming) and went to boot the system about 2 hours ago. The heatsink started, HD spun, CDRW was working, but the system did not boot. At this point, I looked through the mobo manual, and to my discomfort, found that the manual states that the system supports only DDR400 (PC3200) DIMMs due to chipset limitations when using an 800 MHz FSB CPU. Now, the RAM I put on the board was PC2100. I'm assuming this is the culprit, and that I will need to shell out some cash to newegg for a new Kingston stick of DDR400. Is there ANYTHING anyone can think of that may be the problem otehr than the RAM. I thought that the system may have booted with PC2100 and just clocked down slower to run good with the RAM (which is still bad!) but since the chipset is limited itself, I'm assuming this is why the system won't boot. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated, I'd like to order the RAM as soon as I can if that turns out to be the reason.

Also, I did try calling tech support, but of course, everyone was busy. I figured I would post here and see if anyone here could help while I wait on confirmation from tech support that the RAM I currently have is incompatible. Thanks again. :smack:

Yes, the 12V line is plugged in. Everything is connected, the system just won't boot. Everything spins, and the processor has got to be running because the heatsink is recognizing the temp change once it has been running for a few seconds and starts the heatsink up. I really don't see how it could be anything other than the RAM.