Dust Dust Dust

Wanna know what I do? I take my vacuum cleaner, stick the feather duster on it, and just vacuum everything. People are always crying here and there that stactic will get it. Hasn't yet. Does an excellent job. The other thing I have is a smallish air compressor. The "wand" I use blasts 65PSI. Hold the vacuum nearby and dust has no chance...Anyone ever vacuum their hair? Most daft experience...

you can use a dryer sheet inside of the case near the edges of the fan they are used to remove static on your clothes and they smell good to boot also everyone has them i made a holder that actually holds like 3 of them and the incoming air blows past all three helps some if you change regularly

lol 65 PSI... you'd have to be pretty careful not to blast a hole in your mobo :lol:

My case is more riddled with bug than anything else. If a bug flys near my case, chaces are its gunna get sucked into one of the many fans. I have a rather large bug pile building up now :huh:

I just look at it as a running-cost like the electricity bill. But don't buy the canned air at the computer corner-shop where they skim bloated profits from things like that. Be economical with it; aim before your fire and you'll only need slight bursts. Suss out the right interval for dust busting; don't overkill it. While the can has good pressure concentrate mostly on the dust traps. When the pressure gets a bit lower, go for the overall surfaces.

here's my method

upgrade so frequently that dust doesn't get a chance to set

:D

now seriously.

I use a paint brush.

only the video card and modem need to be removed (because those are the only add on cards)

But once every 6 months I remove HDDs, ram, etc. and do the same paint brush thing.

Get good air flow thru panty hose?

:D:lol: ask my wife

No seriously, of course these are spider web thin, try breathing trough one(dont use the upper middle part loll)

It was too good to pass up :P

Edited by kobalt

i was thinking, couldnt a blow dryer do the trick if you hold the button for cold air? ive never tried this before but maybe some of you guys have?

I've tried this and it works very well. I used it on my old system which had been building dust for 3 years, that thing had mountains growing in there. After 10 mins with a blow dryer and a few q-tips it looked brand new :D

as far as the canned air being so expensive just watch the officemax paper. if you have an officemax near you then you will be able to get them free. i got 2 cans for free. i havent used them but i may someday :lol:

i just dusted mine and it droped my temps 5 degrees. :lol: but teh canned air isn't that expensive if u say get it at walmart like i do. maybe $4. but i'm thinking about trying the blow drier and pantyhose things.