Cutting Case

Not sure if I already asked this here... eh. I got a Lian Li Pc-60 (no window) and I want to add a 90mm fan hole on side panel. How would I go about making the perfect circles you see on premodded cases? Or do they use lasers and stuff?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could go to the hardware store and get a hole saw for a drill

they look like this

HOLESAW.JPG

after drilling it out the file down the rough edges drill the screw holes mount the fan and you done :D

Oh, I compleatly forgot about those! Thx... to install windows what would you recommend? Jigsaw?

A REALLY big hole saw. :P

Heh, I was wondering, for those of you with hole saws (drill-bits..), how much do they usually cost? And, do they require a bench-press, or can I use one with a hand drill. Thanks. :)

A REALLY big hole saw. :P

Heh, I was wondering, for those of you with hole saws (drill-bits..), how much do they usually cost? And, do they require a bench-press, or can I use one with a hand drill. Thanks. :)

Yea, I spent $14.95 at home depot for the 3", but you have to buy a mandrel to mount the saw onto and I think that was about $8.00 or so. I went that route because I have a few diff sizes of saws(3'' up to 4'') and yes, you can use a hand drill. I don't reccomend a "rechargable" drill, use a "corded" drill for the extra power !!

The drill bit in the middle is the key to keeping it stable... I have a hole saw and use it w/o a bench press... Works fine for me ;)

Just make sure to keep it lubricated and it'll be fine :D

EDIT: I just read Mangar's post and have to semi-disagree :P

I use a wireless drill, it's only 7.2 and it works just fine! So long as you don't sit on the thing while it's sawing you won't have any real problems ;)

Here is a pic of one I did recently with a 3.25" holesaw(was a tiny bit too big, might try 3'' for 80mm fan) on a corded electric hand drill and some rubber edge guard...and of corse a fan grill.

after drilling it out the file down the rough edges drill the screw holes mount the fan and you done :D

Hmmm... <_< OR you could use a stone/grinding 'bit' on a variable speed drill ;)

w00t... w00t... I :wub:Power Tools :P