Friend With A Dell...

tsamb.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

unless your talking 64bit then NO 32bit amd's suck btw 64bit vs 32bit is like comparing a a cavalear to a ferrarie

Okay, he doesn't need any optical drives, he already has a DVDROM and DVD/RW in his current box and will just transfer them (along with his main HDD). He does want a couple of fast HDDs though (and I'll prolly set up a RAID 0 for him if he gets a couple of raptors). So basically all he needs is: a new mobo, a new CPU, some new RAM, and a new case+PSU.

I don't know if he wants to go 64 bit or not, but right now he is only running 32 bit systems and only needs the best bang for his buck.

-tsamb.

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

eh does he want to oc cause the price of a 64 system with good mobo anf raptors and good ram a case and powersupply is gonn cost ALOT i suggest he staays 32bit

unless your talking 64bit then NO 32bit amd's suck btw 64bit vs 32bit is like comparing a a cavalear to a ferrarie

Really? They suck? Man, I better just throw mine away. :rolleyes:

Anyway...if he's into gaming and doesn't want to spend 300 bucks on just the cpu, you could get him a mobile Athlon...I have heard nothing but good things about how much they overclock, and they come unlocked from the factory. :D

how about this:

intel p4 2.8c

DFI infinity mobo with 865 chipst or Abit IC7 Max3

Corsair Pc3500 (2x256MB or 2x512 MB)

Raptors would be fine for storage.

Of course he could go for the 3.2EE but it would raise the price a lot just to raise the performace a little.

And the prescott .. too hot.

wait for PCI express. I realy hope you can cluster vid cards when it comes out. Just imagine 2 6800's working together, or 4!! kinda like vodoo was.... its posible right? im not crazy am i?

Here's a dumb question...What were the specs on his Dell? Before you guys pull out your BFG's and shooting at me, Dells are perfectly acceptable systems. Maybe he already spent 2,000 on a killer Dell with a FX5200 which everyone who ever buys a Dell seems to do. (And pisses me off when they complain about low FPS afterwards)

Possibility is, you pop a 9800Pro in there, and it'll scream?