Mobile 2500+

Ok guys, just got my mobile 2500+ in the mail....going to install and see what she can do. Here are the numbers on the chip...would anyone be able to tell me if this is a good chip or not?

Thanks

AXMH2500FQQ4C T8357SSA41500 IQYHA 0402SPMW

Edit: Have it running at stock speeds right now, vcore is showing as 1.64v in easy tune and 1.616v in cpuZ....I thought they were supposed to be 1.45v stock. Running at 166x11, I am going to let it run for a bit and then take her up.

i'm not entirely sure if the numbers and stepping and stuff means anything for the mobiles. becasue they were not meant for overclocking. i could be wrong though. i've had mine for little over a week now and i'm at 185*11 at the moment on my lowest Vcore setting 1.575V. this little beast will get to 2.5ghz without a problem i think. i need some better ram though to find out. good luck with the chip though :foldon:

EDIT:: the stock Vcore is 1.45V but the desktop boards can't get lower than 1.5.. something so it has a lot of overclocking room for a while before you need to up your Vcore

I know I can get it up there but I was concerned about the vcore...mine is showing as 1.6v and it is running at stock speeds. I am thinking that my mobo is overvolting for some reason. Would it be better to increase the multiplier as opposed to increasing the fsb? I can adjust the multiplier via the motheboard.

like i said in my edit^^ the desktop boards dont go that low on the Vcore.

as for which is better multi or fsb, i would say FSB for overall system perfromance. but if you just want a faster processor then up the multi(it is one of the reasons we got the mobile, is it not?)

It is the only reason I got the mobile.......lol.....thanks for the help I didn't realize the mobo would only go so low on the vcore, guess I learned something there....I am going to shoot for 2.1ghz to start.....I got my volcano 12 coming this week, then I will be shooting for the 2.3-2.5ghz....

i have the exact same steppings and ofcourse not the same batch number

i also got the problem that my mainboard put the Vcore at 1.6 default....it recognizes it as a barton thus 1.6Vcore...and mine does 2.2 on 1.56 Vcore ( board undervolts like hell)

check something else for me will ya....on startup what does your mobo say?

mine says Athlon XP MP @ *.** GHz.

so mine is an from factory Althon XP-M MP ???!!!

Edited by bloodking

i think because the desktop boards dont officially support the mobiles they dont recognise the chip properly but it runs. look at my cpu-z it shows it as 'unknown cpu type' on all three cpu-z's on this thread each one says a different thing :bah:

i wouldn't worry about it too much. i doubt that it affects your system in any way. i cant wait to see my pcmark scores when its fully oced. its gonna be great. i'm hoping for 2.5ghz at least when i get some better ram. hope yours goes well

I got it at 2.21ghz right now.....running great...cpu temp is 40c idle but I have my volcano 12 extreme on it's way so the temps should drop. When I first booted the new cpu it came up as 990mhz with a multiplier of 6?? It showed as an MP....but once I adjusted the multiplier it now shows as an athlon XP? Not sure if it affects system performance or not but I doubt it.