Mobile 2500+

I got it at 2.21ghz right now.....running great...cpu temp is 40c idle but I have my volcano 12 extreme on it's way so the temps should drop. When I first booted the new cpu it came up as 990mhz with a multiplier of 6?? It showed as an MP....but once I adjusted the multiplier it now shows as an athlon XP? Not sure if it affects system performance or not but I doubt it.

the exact same thing happened to me. as far as i know its to do with power saving technology used for laptops. they lower the multi when idle to save battery power. i also have a volcano 12 extreme. they are great i am at 39 with both prime 95 and folding running. also i am at less than half speed with the fan

mine always shows up as althon MP....i guess i'm special...lol..or the AMD laser cutting machine " forgot" to kill my last L5 bridge :P

anyways...i'm burning it in right now @ 2400MHz with 1.76Vcore.....my idle temps are 28 and load while priming are 32

hooray for my deep impact...lol

Hey while we're on the topic of mobiles, I should show you how well I'm doing with my AMD 2400xp: I plan on moving forward soon, but I've been burning in the last few days. This is prime stable and been folding since last night with no problems :)

rick..yeah i got my proc yesterday...i always check out how far it can go the first time...then i back down and burn it in...i run prime 95 for an hour to see if anythig occurs...if not then i move up again....i'm now almost at the end of the board....2580 @ 1.88 Vcore.....so i'll back down tonight and burn it in at 2.0GHz for three straight days

the exact same thing happened to me. as far as i know its to do with power saving technology used for laptops. they lower the multi when idle to save battery power. i also have a volcano 12 extreme. they are great i am at 39 with both prime 95 and folding running. also i am at less than half speed with the fan

no all cpu's do that with the nforce chipsets. they start off as low as the mobo will let them go. u have to oc them to get them to stock settings.