Pc goes off

Hi my pc:
10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I bought machine and plugged in march 2021. No single issue,no reboots,no shutdowns. I played all games for many hours,no issues. Today...........i launched Metro Exodus and after cinematic part pc just shutdown<goes off>. I rebooted again and its fine again.Happened when gpu load change from 0% to 99%.

My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?

I go to neighbourhood and ask about power ,but they had power in this time. So propably not power outage for 1 sec?

I remember that when pc goes off ,case lights flickered once and monitor flickered. That not happens when i shutting down manually.

i am running now game and no shutdowns. Happened today once. Also i have pc until march 2021 and thats like today never happened.

Edited by litwicki22

First check for new GPU drivers, but when my PC screen went black on a game I think the PC was still on. Next it sounds similar to a thermal shutdown protection issue. Does the PC shutdown when playing a simple game ie. Solitaire? If no, check the CPU TIM, because the GPU TIM is factory applied. But first check the fan is working.

4 days ago…i launched Metro Exodus and after cinematic when is press E button part pc just shutdown. I rebooted again and its fine again.

Happened after launching game on intro advertisements part.

My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?

I remember that when pc goes off ,pc case lights flickered for a second and then turned off completely. That flicker not happens when i shutting down pc manually.

i am running now game and no shutdowns. Happened once 4 days ago. Also i have pc until march 2021 and thats like today never happened.

Is psu going just bad,rma or what you recommend for me. Thank you

ps:So I am a bit confused. Everyone is saying that it is likely the psu with a problem...but they are also saying if it was the PSU’s over current protection, then I would HAVE to switch the flip in the back. I don’t have to flip switch.

happened once in 7 months of use.Also after shutdown I don’t have to flip switch on the back of psu

• 5 months later...

when i play the standard version i don't have an issue but when i tried the enhanced for pc version the game locked up... not sure why but it locked up several times

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a Gamer's Nexus Youtube video which might explain your problem. Seems that sometimes a graphics card may spike high current under load. The card sees the high current draw and shuts down. In some cases, your computer could also shut down. They were specifically talking about the 3080/3090 but also can affect AMD. A bigger power supply would help. Good quality onlu - no crapola.