Power Supply or Motherboard?

7 hours ago, Fight Game said:

I'd check for a new bios.  At least a few bioses across a few manufacturers have had cold boot bugs.

Or just not buy Gigbayte :). After owning plenty of gigabyte boards with the last one being the Z490 Vision G, I think Gigabyte needs to take a step back and rethink how they design stuff. Maybe the Z590 is better, but the Z490 I had barely kept up at stock and failed any sort of overclocking with memory or CPU.

3 hours ago, ir_cow said:

Or just not buy Gigbayte :). After owning plenty of gigabyte boards with the last one being the Z490 Vision G, I think Gigabyte needs to take a step back and rethink how they design stuff. Maybe the Z590 is better, but the Z490 I had barely kept up at stock and failed any sort of overclocking with memory or CPU.

I've had ridiculously good luck with Gigabyte... I started with ASUS back in the early 2000's and had to use their tech support one time. The asshat was so belittling to me and then had the nerve to chew me out for updating BIOS without a technicians permission... you know... the ones they put on their own website to download? Then the board had to go in due to many issues including several connector headers not being actually secured to the board. It came back after 3.5 weeks and the headers were still not connected. I decided to not buy an ASUS board again after that

Hey if it works for you, thats all that matters really. I'm not brand loyal,  but it takes a lot to win me back for more than a single product launch.

The one thing for me is if the RMA sucks. They will never get my personal business again. Luckily Gugbayte is not on my shitlist.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:36 PM, ir_cow said:

Hey if it works for you, thats all that matters really. I'm not brand loyal,  but it takes a lot to win me back for more than a single product launch.

The one thing for me is if the RMA sucks. They will never get my personal business again. Luckily Gugbayte is not on my shitlist.

I just stick to what I've had good luck with I guess... If it changes, then I guess I have to change too. 

The Corsair was 100% warranty covered and they RMA'd it. It went out today. Not sure if they fix or replace though.