Evga 2070 SUPER - HDMI

Gremlin

Hi,

Have a friend who has a EVGA 2070 Super that has been working since Sept of last year. Has 2 displays one Display port and the other HDMI. All of a sudden, Monitor with HDMI port stops working. He has to unplug the cable and plug it back in and it works fine and after an hour or so it happens again. 

Any ideas? Thank you 

Interesting  you bring this up now. I actually been having this same problem when I was retesting some cards last week and I thought I was just crazy. I have a theory...

For me it only happens on Intel system and as far as I can tell its a issue with the drivers sometime between now and August/September 2020. It isn't all the cards either. The ones I had issues with was RX 3080, RTX 2080 Ti, 2080 Super and 2070 Super. Neither the 3060 Ti, 3070 or 2060 / Super had this issue. No AMD cards experience this HDMI problem.

Its starting to sound like a conspiracy since I cannot get it to replicate on my AMD system at all.

So It could just be a HDMI cable, monitor or HDMI port issue, or a driver problem. If at all possible first try a different cable, check the pins to make sure they aren't bent (this is very common). The next best thing I can suggest is uninstall the drivers with DDU and reinstall. I ended up doing this without success and different monitor and cables. If I use old drivers I have no issue, but for me that means games like COD and anything that has come out since august is either a unsupported video card or unoptimized for the games.

It is an AMD system. Had the previous driver so installed the new one and same thing. Going to try a display port cable and see. If that does not work, going to install OS from scratch. It is working fine nothing changed. aaargh