AMD Ryzen 5900 Build Advice

SCS

Need some advice picking out parts for my build. I have some purchased some parts already.

Python will be used primarily for running a Python program using a selenium web driver. It will launch 30-50 Chrome profiles at once and complete a 1-2 minute task.

Parts I currently bought:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5900X

SSD : Samsung 980 PRO

PSU : Corsair AX 850

Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition 1286MHz, 8gb GDDR5

Parts I need help picking out.

I have narrowed down my selection to these choices based on research i've done. I'm always open to suggestions if you think other parts are more suitable for me.

RAM Choices:

I really do not know that much about ram anymore. I know when I built PC's 7 years ago. G Skill was king for performance/value. I think these sticks will work with AMD Ryzen. I read that you wanted 4000mhz to keep the Infinity clock cycle in sync ?

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Desktop Memory Model F4-4000C17Q-32GTZR

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-4000C16D-32GTZR

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

Motherboard

ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, WiFi 6, 2.5Gbps LAN, Dual M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2

MSI Meg X570 Unify Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6GB/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Ax Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5, ATX)

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master (AMD Ryzen 3000/X570/ATX/PCIe4.0/DDR4/USB3.1/ESS 9118 Sabre HiFi DAC/Fins-Array Heatsink/RGB Fusion 2.0/3xM.2 Thermal Guard/Gaming Motherboard)

Thanks for the help

Glad to see your build coming to life.

For motherboards and I believe for what you will be using it for, which is hands off 99% uptime. Best thing you can do is get a board with a good VRM so it doesn't overheat. The 5900X will use around 80-120 AMPs as it boosts up and down. My 5800X is constant 85A because I turned boost off and leave it at 4.6ghz all-core. That  5900x has a few extra cores.

Anyways of the three choices I would say the Aorus Master. Simply because A) it uses 12x50a (600 AMPs) IR3556. The Asus has the same 12x50 config but using Vishay power stages. These seems to be more budget oriented. Finally the MSI Unify....I couldn't find any review that actually looked the VRM part number...Thats a no go for me.

---

Next is the memory. It is true that having your memory in sync with the FCLK dramatically lowers latency. 2:1 can be as high as 80ms and 64~ on the optimal frequency and FCLK. But it gets more complicated from there. Timings also change the latency. I haven't looked into anything but games in my investigations. In those at least, by inducing latency with higher timings had a lower impact than a 2:1 FLCK ratio. 

With that bit of information I would take a for example 4000 memory with CL19 over 3600 CL14 IF the FCLK was still 1:1. Of course this 2000 Mhz FLCK can only be achieved on the new Zen 3 CPUs (5000 series). I have only played around with it a little bit, but so far it seems exactly the same as previous CPUs. If you want the highest FLCK you must raise the SoC voltage. I usually sit a 1.125v, but a lot of people do not want to play around with voltages and stability testing.

I have "heard" that 4 DIMMS is better in performance then 2 even for dual channel CPUs like Ryzen. However I have not tested this out in a scientific way. The only thing I can say for sure is that the more DIMMS you have, the more stability issues arise at higher frequencies. I had a super hard time getting 4x8GB 3800 stable, where as 2x16GB 3800 had no problems. Same amount of memory, same timings. On a side note, booting to windows does not count people! Must validate with Memtest86.

Since you are using Chrome, I would aim for a 3600 64GB (2x32GB)  kit. I'm sure 32GB is enough, but Chrome does eat a lot of memory depending on the web page. Don't worry about 4000 / 2000. You are aiming for maximum up time. You will theoretically take a hit in latency, but I don't know how much for your applicational use.

MSI have equipped the UNIFY with a 12+2+1 power phase design, fed by dual CPU power connectors. There’s six IR3599 IR Phase Doublers, twelve IR3555 60A DR. MOS power phases and twelve Titanium Choke IIs, all of which are controlled by an IR Digital PWM module.
The large heatsink structures are joined by a heatpipe for better performance. 

Hope this helps @ir_cow

@wildman2 thanks! Apparently I cant use Google very well lol. 

Well in that case the MSI Unify is my first choice over gigabyte. I just like MSI BIOS better and have had better memory compatibility. 

Overall whatever is cheaper of the two.

Went into micro center to purchase the stuff.

The store clerk said I would be better off with a B550 board. He recommended the Gigabyte Arorus Master B550. Said that the memory controller was newer than x570 boards and was better for the slight RAM overclocking I would need to do in order to achieve the highest speeds.

What do you guys think about that board ? Is there a better suggestion ?

I will be running a single video card and a Samsung Pro 980 and thats it. I do not need the additional PCiE lanes.

Also purchased this ram as its all they had in stock of each set. Need help deciding which one to keep

Gskill F4-3600C16D-32GTZN CL16-16-16-36 1.35V Supposedly Samsung Bdies. purchased 2 kits at $250 each :-/

Will I take advantage of the Samsung Dies if I do a little bit of overclocking or using those supposed profiles I keep reading about ? I don't mind the cost as long as I'm not wasting money

GSkill F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz Memory Module CL16-19-19-39 1.35V. This kit was $364.  Do not know what Die it is but I think its Hynix based on timings.

The microcenter guy is wrong about the memory controller. It is actually on the CPU. So the only thing that the motherboard has control over is voltage stability and signal integrity. 

Some extreme overclockers have been getting 5000+ on the memory with a B550 chipset, but you will find its all with the new Zen 3 CPUs. Just marketing to show off that B550 isnt just a budget product. I believe the world records are still on the x570. In either case, all those really high records aren't for daily use or even 16GB. Most are a single 8GB DIMM with half disabled.

For memory, 3600 speed is plug n play, though my limited experience with 4 dimms vs 2 tells me you are going to have a hard time overclocking. However if you are going just running at stock, proabably wont have much issues.

That is also where the quailty of the mb comes into play at lot more. More dimms means you need better voltage regulation and PCB signal integrity.

Gskill F4-3600C16D-32GTZN CL16-16-16-36 1.35V are B-die.I have that set, no trouble with them at all on a Unify X570.I believe they are on  the QVL list from MSI which also tells you if Bdie or Hynix. One click in Bios they run as advertised(Axmp I think). I haven't tried to do an over clock yet thought.Also I'm just using 1 set of them.