Wi-Fi Adapter keep disconnecting

SabrinaF

I'm using Wi-Fi adapter to connect the internet and I'm using fiber connection. My adapter occasionally disconnect and works fine after reconnecting it. Most of times, it get  extremely hot. Does anybody know why this happens? How can stop this?

• 3 months later...

Wireless wifi adapters keep disconnecting and that’s why I prefer using a wired connection. Because that’s how you get fast internet. It also never disconnects like the wireless adapter. You have also mentioned that you felt that your adapter is hot, that’s maybe because your adapter is old and couldn’t manage the load of the internet.

I would suggest you go for a wired internet connection for lifetime relief. But if you can’t, change your adapter and buy some good quality adapter. Do read reviews before buying any adapter because that’s how you will find out a good one. Contact your friends to find out what they are using because it will also help you. You can also visit this page for more information.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 1:37 PM, Antarrox said:

If your Wi-Fi adapter overheats and loses internet connection, then you need to buy a new one. Personally, I did so, the problem was solved.

You can also try reflashing your router, it might help.