Asus X570 - Prime Pro and Ryzen 5 3600

So I have this motherboard Asus x570 Prime-Pro and Ryzen 5 3600 with no overclock. What is the safest CPU voltage? It is set to Auto and comes out to 1.45. Should it be set to 1.30? Thank you !

Technically AMD says the Ryzen 3rd Gen can safely do 1.5v, which is what Boost does on its own for that stock Turbo. However for 24/7 use, I wouldn't go above 1.35v. That should land you around 4.3Ghz (All-Core). To reach 1900Mhz FCLK you will probably need to bump the SoC voltage up a bit. I found 1.125v to be a good number. 1.2v and above you lose PCIE 4.0.

I don't know much about the inter workings of the SoC but it is well documented that if you raise the SoC voltage to 1.2v (or above) PCIE 4.0 is disabled. My ASUS X570 Hero tells me this when I do, which is nice as not all vendors do.

I think the only reason to set it that high is for world records if you are trying to run DDR4 5000 and above.  This is because the VDDG CCD Voltage, VDDG IOD Voltage and CLDO VDDG voltage are all part of the memory controller which is kinda tied to the SoC voltage. So you cannot have say the VDDG higher then the SoC. Getting DDR4 6000 is probably impossible without 1.2v SoC.

The only reason to raise the SoC on its own that high is if you are trying to get a higher FCLK, though without LN2 cooling, the limit is pretty much 1900Mhz and that can be achieved with 1.125v.

14 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

Thank you :)

I will change mine to 1.125v

No need to unless you are running DDR4 3800 memory and FCLK of 1900mhz. I think 1800Mhz will run at 1.0v

To be honest I am new to this.. I am not overclocking.. I am running DDR3 3000 and FCLK is set to Auto.. What do I need to change to? Thank you 

Edited by Gremlin

19 hours ago, Gremlin said:

To be honest I am new to this.. I am not overclocking.. I am running DDR3 3000 and FCLK is set to Auto.. What do I need to change to? Thank you 

If your not overclocking you are leave it on auto, even the voltages. Not reason to change it if you aren't overclocking.

Thank you guys for the help :)

So what is the normal temp on the cpu? I am using the default heatsink that came with the cpu. In the bios I see, 50 C and HW monitor shows 58 C  and Asus software shows 54 C.. 

Any ideas? :)

• 1 month later...