Acer Predator Monitor Broke

My Acer Predator XB271HU monitor half died today. The DisplayPort no longer works and that is what I use. HDMI has no G-Sync and limited to 60Hz. Just checked the warranty status, which i figured it would be expired. Seems it was April 2019. But I also came across something new.

Acer new policy starting 2019 is 1-Year Warranty. Considering my Dell PremiereColor monitor is 10 years old and still runs great, makes me question the longevity of Acer monitor products.

I'm going to sell this one locally for $100 since the HDMI still works and buy something non-Acer. I might have been unlucky to have it go faulty around the 4 year mark, but the new 1-year warranty is shameful to say the least.

That really sucks! I have a XB280HK and recently have had a flicker occurring occasionally. Mine is over 5 years old and I noticed when this flicker occurs that anything plugged into the USB ports on the monitor lose power/connectivity and have been able to trace to problem back to the displayport.  I have tried different cables and the issue just seems to be the way it sits inside the monitor.  My issue is this monitor only has a DisplayPort.  I get the feeling im going to be in the market for a new one in the next year or so and I too will be staying away from Acer.  Its a shame how much these monitors cost and yet only a 1 year warranty!