Ryzen Build 2019

WhenKittensATK

The process is fairly straightforward. I followed wccftech's guide.

1. Download 5700XT BIOS from TechPowerUp. I used the stock one and not Anniversary Model.
  2. Download ATIFlash.
  3. Launch ATIFlash and backup your video card's BIOS.
  4. Load up the 5700 XT BiOS and hit Program. It'll take 2-3 minutes and will freeze / not responding.
  5. Reboot Windows and you should now have a 5700 flashed to 5700 XT.

I'm getting 1900 MHz (13% increase from 1680 MHz 5700 Stock), 80C on GPU, and 95C on Junction Temp. Memory clock seems to be stuck at 875 MHz, seems to be a common issue that hasn't been fixed yet. I was stuck on that on the stock BIOS too. I must say I was very wary about getting a 5700 over the 5700 XT. Especially the reference card. Fan curve is set to 40-42%. I'll boost it some to see how much louder it gets.

ZihNg62.jpg

Update: Currently have it undervolted for 1900 MHz @ 1000mV. Peak Junction is 86 C in BFV and The Outer World.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

5 hours ago, ir_cow said:

Hmmm. Well I only have one 5700 RedDevil, but if I can flash it to the XT version (minus the extra CUs), That would be a instant boost in performance.

You do have the benefit of a BIOS switch. You can flash it over the silent mode one.

It's very close to a build I want to do. I just plan on a lower end video card. I don't game at all any more, so I just need something to run a couple monitors. Per my Newegg order history, the core of my current build was purchased in 2011, so I think I am about due.