ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT Reviewed

bp9801

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I agree it is a shame about the cooler. My thinking cost was the main factor. But I dont have any real sources to back this claim up. Just an observation. Looks nice though. 

I only reviewed the PowerColor 5700 Red Devil so far, but all these custom cards show off what AMD has done with Navi.

It brings back some competition against NVIDIA. I miss the days when both companies released cards every 6 months. Hurt my wallet a lot!

It seems that the manufactures are all doing a cost cutting measure. One example is the MSI RX 5700xt was reviewed by another outlet and they showed how the thermal paste job was sub par and thermal pads used only covered 1/3 to 1/2 of the memory modules to interface with the heat spreader. Which they choked it up to being a Money saving measured as in not wanting to retool. I am not sure the accuracy, they also made it clear that it was speculation. 

I got a speculation for yah guys. If you want to compete in the market. Its gotta be able to OC. I could oc a freaking GTX 480 and that in 2 way SLI on air with the reference model cooler. And now this one wont OC because it cant handle the heat...... No excuses, That's just poor manufacturing. 

But if you are not going to OC or anything then you will be peachy. A friend of mine just got one of these by my suggestion based on the best BANG for buck. He is super stoked. But in the same right I would not be pleased at all.