Trident Z Royal RAM Announced by G.Skill

Guest_Jim_*

news42117_1-trident_z_royal_ram_announce

If you are someone who enjoys showing off your computer's components, and making sure those components also have performance to be proud of, then G.Skill's newest additions to its Trident Z family might be of interest to you. The Trident Z Royal RAM features the tri-fin design characteristic of the Trident Z family but the aluminum heatspreader has been polished and colored silver or gold. On top is a light bar designed with a crystal pattern to scatter the RGB colors from the LED lights.

The Trident Z Royal kits range in speed from 3000 MHz CL 16-18-18-38, to 4600 MHz CL 18-22-22-42 and capacity from 2x 8 GB to 8x 16 GB, though the larger capacities are limited to the slower speeds. Naturally they have XMP 2.0 profiles so you can easily enable the tested speeds. You should be able to get Trident Z Royal kits starting in December.

Source: G.Skill

news42117_20754-trident_z_royal_ram_annonews42117_20755-trident_z_royal_ram_annonews42117_20756-trident_z_royal_ram_annonews42117_20757-trident_z_royal_ram_anno

Back to original news post

I must have these! One 128GB 3200 CL14 kit please, and thank you :teehee:

Do you even have a system that can take eight DDR4 DIMMs? I do and I'd think it would take a special challenge for me to use enough to make it worth it; like a five hour, CRF 12, 50 Mbps limit, replay buffer, and I could probably still have a RAMDisk for whatever game I was recording.

I got a Threadripper also :). Unfortunately the QVL list doesn't show more than 4 slots above 2933 in use. Even with those fancy 3200 128 Kits, only half can be used if you want those speeds. Ryzen is very picky even with the the 2nd gen when all the slots are filled. But I guess if you need 128GB of ram, most likely extreme memory speeds isn't the main concern.