Help Fast Please

IoDd64

ok so I oced my cpu from 2.083 to about 180 FSB.. then i went down to 166 FSB (didnt want to mess with anything anymore) .. and it wouldnt post... so i cleared the CMOS.. and everything posted.. i went into the BIOS and say that the FSB was 100... and stock its supposed to be at 166.. and when i go to raise it (5 mhz increments) to 105.. everythings good, untill i got to 120... (1.4 ghz) then it wont post, and i cleared the CMOS again... no avail past 120 FSB.. Someone help me....

EDIT: ok i just cleared it again after a failed attempt to get to 119FSB... i went straight to stock speed (166 FSB) AND IT WORKS...

my only question is why didnt it work at 120?

im stumped..

specs

DFI NFII-AL 400

Athlon XP 2800+ barton

9600XT 256mb

400W PSU

DVD/CD-rom

40 gig HD 7200 rpm

256 pc-3200 mushkin "green series"

Edited by IoDd64

it has to do with the harmonics of the cpu with the speed cpu's are going today everything has to be prefectly in sync otherwise it won't basicly what you had going was off beat slow dance when it was supposed to be a samba that or your mother just can't recongize a cpu that slow

ok everything is going good... i got it back up to 180 FSB.. couldnt resist.. dont want to go any higher, cuz the crap board doesnt allow voltage control over the cpu, but allows it on the DIMMS... thats pretty stupid!

link please.. i cant find it..

err.. disregard that... 3.1.8.9 only shows

Current Voltage is:

This field will show the cpu's current voltage

Edited by IoDd64