CPU Red LED Came On

To be honest what happened to you is the main reason I will not buy used mb's or cpu's, they could have worked perfect until pulled out of the system and by the time it gets delivered it's dead .At least new you have the warranty to back you up. :dunno:

any chance the boards have dual bios and they got switched somehow and the backup bios is old and doesnt support the cpu? i've done that before by accident somehow.

Nah, Good idea though. I tested the cpus in a different board. No go and those works fine with the CPU currently in them. Fully updated bios and all.

Just strange to me that this would happen. But than again i've seen stuff like a hard drive fail just from rebooting. Like dead dead and sent in for RMA.

To be honest what happened to you is the main reason I will not buy used mb's or cpu's, they could have worked perfect until pulled out of the system and by the time it gets delivered it's dead .At least new you have the warranty to back you up. :dunno:

Yep :) though I do buy a lot of used stuff. Never really had any issues expect a PSU. I flat out won't buy those used. Everything is under warranty except for the 3930k since its been almost 4 years. I'll sell all the RMA stuff on ebay and take a loss on it.

• 1 month later...

Final update. I got both boards back today. They are both new since it had a few minor cosmetic marks on the PCBs. They is all gone and you would have to replace the board for that to happen. I can't complain. Took a total of a week to ship and get it back, I was busy with work and waiting until nearly the last day to send it.

Conclusion: A+ for Asus RMA services. I did had a very strange problem with the R4BE, as half the bios options were missing. It said it had the newest bios but even windows ran sluggish, including benchmarks. I ended up reflashing the bios and that fixed all the problems. very strange...

Final update. I got both boards back today. They are both new since it had a few minor cosmetic marks on the PCBs. They is all gone and you would have to replace the board for that to happen. I can't complain. Took a total of a week to ship and get it back, I was busy with work and waiting until nearly the last day to send it.

Conclusion: A+ for Asus RMA services. I did had a very strange problem with the R4BE, as half the bios options were missing. It said it had the newest bios but even windows ran sluggish, including benchmarks. I ended up reflashing the bios and that fixed all the problems. very strange...

Haven't dealt with Asus customer service yet but it's great to hear they treated you right.