Sli will not work

dling

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sent them a request offering to pay for any charges that it will cost to make this right. If you have contact with one of their reps. maybe you could put a good word

in for me for help.

Thanks.

Edited by dling

Well so much for great customer support. Heres their reply : Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your graphics card. Unfortunately there is a possibility that none of our cards will work for SLI; we cannot guarantee SLI compatibility across brands. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
EVGA

So don't buy EVGA if you think you may want sl,unless you get two of the exact same cardsi. Not only do they have problems within there own brand of 970's but have no idea what will or will not work outside of their brands.

It seems to be only within the 970 cards that this problem exist. Or just price shop and get two from any other brand mix or match.

dling,.. something worth trying if you haven't already,.. re-flash BOTH cards with same BIOS file, match the lowest card's CLOCK & SETTINGS so both cards have exact bios file, clock, settings,.. put the higher clocked card in the top slot and adjust clock, settings in single card mode. Then give it a go with the SLI bridge and second card in lower slot.

Awhile back I was running a pair of Asus GTX 970's and sold them to friend's,.. with Gainward 970 reference and MSI Twin Frozen cards they had no issues running SLI.

Edited by Braegnok

Do you think it matters that one of the cards uses 2x6 power and the other uses 1x6 and 1x8 power. I did flash both of the cards to the same bios . I think it was to the

faster speed thou. I may give that a shot. Thanks.

The important thing would be having exact bios file in both cards, so flash both cards with same file,.. and manually configuring higher clocked card to match lower clocked cards settings, clocks. Before adding second card.

Edited by Braegnok

I would flash both cards with same file, to be certian they are both exact bios file,.. the factory bios could be slightly different version than the downloaded bios your flashing other card with, and cause issues.

If you still have no luck after flashing, manually configuring clocks, settings, and SLI is still greyed out or you get message about faulty bridge.

The only other option I can think of is mediafire's tool that modifies the DLL file in the NVidia folder enabling SLI,.. just follow instructions and read the read me notes,.. http://www.mediafire.com/download/obb0f8bh7qya447/DifferentSLIAuto1.1.zip

Edited by Braegnok

well we ran the version 1.3.1 of the sli fixing tool . All seemed as thought it was going to work. There was success in the patching but not in the ability to SLI. I can't get form here.

It's just not going to happen. BTW, I also tried the bios flash again.Win10 may aslo have something to do with the fail of the DifferentSLIauto work around also.

I would flash both cards with same file, to be certian they are both exact bios file,.. the factory bios could be slightly different version than the downloaded bios your flashing other card with, and cause issues.

If you still have no luck after flashing, manually configuring clocks, settings, and SLI is still greyed out or you get message about faulty bridge.

The only other option I can think of is mediafire's tool that modifies the DLL file in the NVidia folder enabling SLI,.. just follow instructions and read the read me notes,.. http://www.mediafire.com/download/obb0f8bh7qya447/DifferentSLIAuto1.1.zip

Edited by dling