Angry dude tries to take me down on my dirtbike.

Gr4vitas

This dude...

In my state, trails are everywhere, thousands of miles of them and unless they're posted or signed otherwise they're available for use, most of them are state maintained / owned. So if you don't want people on your land you have to post it. That's just how things work here.

Anyway every once in a while you get an angry old coot that's got enough ego to try to give you some grief.

If it isn't posted there isn't anything they can do about me being there, all he can do is tell me to leave, and if I don't or I come back then he can call the cops, otherwise the cops will just say "Is your land posted?" and he'll say "no" and they'll say "post it if you don't want people on it."

Anyway enjoy, I tried to be nice and talk to the guy respectfully, but he's nothing but egotistical and douchey to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wva73DpKJxo

Edited by Gr4vitas

:lol: He clearly needs a few beers to relax...and to post some damn signs.

He was looking for someone to kiss his shoes for..."tear assin'" through his unmarked property. :lol:

:lol: He clearly needs a few beers to relax...and to post some damn signs.

He was looking for someone to kiss his shoes for..."tear assin'" through his unmarked property. :lol:

Lmao I know, it's normal in my state to ride trails if you find them, its not like most states where peoples land is private no matter what. Guy was just looking to be a prick. I tried to chat with him nicely but he wasn't having it.

a simple im sorry sir for trespassing on your property is there anything i can do to make amends

yes he is an old codger but it is his land and from the moment he identified himself you were trespassing  

and depending on the state he could have shot you

hopefully in the future he post signs to keep this from happening how would you feel if someone ran through your house and backyard

and be thankful he didnt put chains up across the trails  no that would be a video worth watching lol 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y8Dvwga8A8

Edited by jdm_freek

What is Criminal Trespassing?

In most cases criminal trespassing is defined as entering or remaining on a premises or property in which one does not have the authorization, license or privilege to do so. Usually notice against entering or remaining can either be delivered in oral or written fashion by the property owner or an authorized agent. Laws vary slightly from state to state with some being very basic and others having very detailed requirements for providing proper notice.

New Hampshire

Laws for trespassing in New Hampshire are outlined in New Hampshire

Edited by jdm_freek

I wasn't trespassing. His land isn't posted. And I'm hardly 'running through his back yard' his house was about a mile down the road, which was the closest house to me. 

It's a little different up here in NH people don't just have their piece of land next to everyone elses. There are large chunks of thousands of acres of land that isn't owned by anyone, thats why you have to post your land if you don't want people on it, its totally unreasonable in my state to expect people to know where someones land is and is not because there is so much open land.

In my state if its not posted or signed with no trespassing it's not trespassing. If the owner tells me to leave and I stay its trespassing, or if he tells me I can't be on his land and I continue to be on his land.

I wasn't trespassing. His land isn't posted. And I'm hardly 'running through his back yard' his house was about a mile down the road, which was the closest house to me. 

It's a little different up here in NH people don't just have their piece of land next to everyone elses. There are large chunks of thousands of acres of land that isn't owned by anyone, thats why you have to post your land if you don't want people on it, its totally unreasonable in my state to expect people to know where someones land is and is not because there is so much open land.

In my state if its not posted or signed with no trespassing it's not trespassing. If the owner tells me to leave and I stay its trespassing, or if he tells me I can't be on his land and I continue to be on his land.

yes you are correct but the moment he identified himself and his issue with you being there without permission it was trespassing

i find you get more flies with honey than vinegar elderly just want to be heard and validated im surehe paid a lot money for that land and just wanted to be asked thats all   

yes you are correct but the moment he identified himself and his issue with you being there without permission it was trespassing

i find you get more flies with honey than vinegar elderly just want to be heard and validated im surehe paid a lot money for that land and just wanted to be asked thats all   

It wasn't trespassing at all.  If he said something along the lines of "leave my property now" or "get the **** out of here" and then he stayed on the property and refused to leave, then it becomes trespassing.  In the video the guy never even says to leave.  He just wanted to go on and on about what a "dirtbag" the OP is.  And then gets defensive about not having signs up.  If he cares so much about his property you'd think he'd read up on the laws there.  OP was a lot more respectful than I would have been if some a**hole was talking to me like that.  I'm all for respecting property rights.  As a Jeeper I never go offroading illegally.  But if you don't want people on your land then post the damn signs lol.  Then you have the law on your side.  Otherwise you're just an old a**hole.  Like you said about honey and vinegar.  Treat some other person like that and they might not be so respectful.  Some kid might even be more inclined to f*** with him later on and retaliate or vandalize his place.

It wasn't trespassing at all.  If he said something along the lines of "leave my property now" or "get the **** out of here" and then he stayed on the property and refused to leave, then it becomes trespassing.  In the video the guy never even says to leave.  He just wanted to go on and on about what a "dirtbag" the OP is.  And then gets defensive about not having signs up.  If he cares so much about his property you'd think he'd read up on the laws there.  OP was a lot more respectful than I would have been if some a**hole was talking to me like that.  I'm all for respecting property rights.  As a Jeeper I never go offroading illegally.  But if you don't want people on your land then post the damn signs lol.  Then you have the law on your side.  Otherwise you're just an old a**hole.  Like you said about honey and vinegar.  Treat some other person like that and they might not be so respectful.  Some kid might even be more inclined to f*** with him later on and retaliate or vandalize his place.

Precisely, I tried really hard to be polite and nice. I even started the conversation with "hi how are you sir".

In Colorado we have lots of national forest land to trail ride/camp on,.. but getting access to it mostly you need to cross privet land,.. so privet land owners will post signs No Forest Access, Privet Property, No Trespassing,.. and generally posted land owners are cool about you crossing if you stop and ask permission.

It's the open range cattle that can't read,.. and trespass onto privet property that cause issues,.. or freak you out at night with hundreds of those glow in the dark ear tags moving through the woods at night,.. :lol:   

• Like 1

here in az there are reservation land that is federal there and around the salt river where my brothers and i do a lot of cat fishing

there are no posting what so ever and let me tell you this man was far more polite than the native police and being mostly native american did not help any 

im not arguing the fact that this man was an ass im just saying sometimes we need to realize there is no reasoning with some people and its best to just walk away.  

Edited by jdm_freek