FX 6300 OC questions

Carterjj

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well usually I suggest trying to get the max out if each tier before going up. So like say 1.2v max is 4.2ghx stable using prime65. Than you could boost it until it crashes. Than raise the voltage .1 and do the same thing over again. You'll hit a point where that's just the limit of the chip or thermal limit the cpu cooler can handle.

Ran OCCT for 2hrs at 4.4ghz stable no errors. Dropped to 4.339ghz for a second but regained quickly. Not sure if this is normal but I'm sure once I get a better understanding of everything and tweak it some more will be doing just fine. Also my cooler kept up great. Never went over 59c

Keep in mind I am liquid cooled and I have fans on the Vrms and the Northbridge heatsinks, so you won't be able to set voltages and such as high. On the last pic you would want to work your way up to those settings from the default, I would not set them anything above what I have there. My idle is 19* and max load temp after 12 hours of prime95 was 58* when I had the cpu voltage at 1.475v, I am still tweaking my voltages as I went backwards and was trying to get my system stable at 5.0Ghz.

141023215743.jpg

141023214754.jpg

141023214417.jpg

Edited by slick2500