stuck at 4.6 ghz i74930k

Bittbull187

Your BIOS settings would help. My *cough* three 3930K's can get to 4.8GHz pretty easily (they can get to 5.0GHz for benchmarking, but high voltages needed). Voltages to get there are different for each. I personally run each at 4.6GHz, so there's really no real need to go higher.

If you're willing to go higher than 4.6GHz, you're going to have to put in some extra voltages, like 1.5V's to 1.55V's (which is my personal limit).

Your BIOS settings would help. My *cough* three 3930K's can get to 4.8GHz pretty easily (they can get to 5.0GHz for benchmarking, but high voltages needed). Voltages to get there are different for each. I personally run each at 4.6GHz, so there's really no real need to go higher.

If you're willing to go higher than 4.6GHz, you're going to have to put in some extra voltages, like 1.5V's to 1.55V's (which is my personal limit).

SB-E is a lot easier to get a decent clock on that IVB-E.  

My, 3960X is a 4.9Ghz chip but my IVB-E 4960X sucks an my Haswell-E does 4.6 prime stable but can get to 5.0Ghz  for benches. The voltage and heat problems as you push haswell and IVB-E are not really worth the effort for the extra 100Mhz.