Look what I picked up today on Ebay... :evilgrin:

I have 6 of the TA450DC triple-bladed fans that I used to run on my watercooling. They're "quiet" for how much they move but they're definitely nowhere near what you'd want to run at 12v.

They should start at 5V though the motors sometimes tick at that speed. A bigass fan controller (at least 20 watts per channel) is what you'll need to spin them to a comfortable level.

I have 6 of the TA450DC triple-bladed fans that I used to run on my watercooling. They're "quiet" for how much they move but they're definitely nowhere near what you'd want to run at 12v.

They should start at 5V though the motors sometimes tick at that speed. A bigass fan controller (at least 20 watts per channel) is what you'll need to spin them to a comfortable level.

I believe that, my old Ultra Kazes were pretty damn quiet with a fan controller. I ran them at the slowest they'd go without shutting off (and also enough juice that they would be able to break static friction when the computer started). I didn't really see much performance loss in them so I kept them that way. It only bothers me that they still were using the same amount of power since the fan controller I used used a variable resistor per fan channel.(I assume most work this way though)

• Like 1

there is nothing quiet about 120MMX30MM used Dell fans,.. running at 12v they move a lot of air but are vary noisy,.. you might want to run them on a fan speed controller.

They aren't that bad, at full tilt they are about the loudest thing ever but at a sane speed they are very livable.

• 2 weeks later...

Been running 1 on my Corsair H70 radiator.

Full load, it sounds like a damn jet plane taking off in my room, but if I set it at 1% pwn control in Bios, it's actually quiet compared to what I'm used to. :teehee:

BUT... I also CPU mine with this i7 920 now... soooo.... yeah.... I don't care how loud it is when I'm mining. :doh: