Intel vs AMD

Video software: right now, I'm only using Sony Vegas. But both my brother and I are into digital drawing as well, and I'm looking into a Wacom Cintiq 24HD. I don't know all the software I'll be using with it, but I don't want any nasty surprises, you know?

I appreciate the build suggestions. I don't know if y'all realize just how helpful all of this is to me. I do need more than 1tb of storage, though, so I'd probably forgo the sound card for now and increase storage to 4tb which, once I get everything organized, and including the storage I now have, should give me around 10tb of storage. I'm going to have to add more storage pretty quickly, so whatever system I build needs to be able to handle a RAID setup (probably just RAID 0). But overall, you guys have given me a lot to think about, and I appreciate it. If you have more suggestions or comments, I welcome them!

In that case

Here's a nice 4TB:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178338&clickid=zWvySE1O80PbyuNxfnR942k9UkT10mXseWBbVs0

I have the older 2TB cousin of this (aka 5900RPM) and it kicks ass and isn't slow at all! Running strong at almost 3 years in one more month!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. I forgot to mention that my OS will be Windows 7 Ultimate (I won't have a touchscreen, so I feel no need to switch from an OS I like to one that, to me, seems...ugh). Also, If anyone has any suggestions for full tower cases, that'd be nice as well. I like smooth, sleek, no frills cases, preferably black, with good cable management, good airflow, and plenty of expansion slots. I HATE all the ribbed, finned, super fancy, added onto, and IMHO, UGLY modern cases out there. Understated and stylish. That's what I like. Coolermaster had a really nice HAF case that I liked, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Oh. I forgot to mention that my OS will be Windows 7 Ultimate (I won't have a touchscreen, so I feel no need to switch from an OS I like to one that, to me, seems...ugh). Also, If anyone has any suggestions for full tower cases, that'd be nice as well. I like smooth, sleek, no frills cases, preferably black, with good cable management, good airflow, and plenty of expansion slots. I HATE all the ribbed, finned, super fancy, added onto, and IMHO, UGLY modern cases out there. Understated and stylish. That's what I like. Coolermaster had a really nice HAF case that I liked, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

I love Windows 8 (haven't tried 8.1), and if you install Classic Shell (free) it makes it look and function like Win7 but it's zippier and there a lot of nice enhancements. The only problem that I wasn't able to fix was GTA 4 wouldn't install on it, but other than that no incompatibilities discovered.

I'm also a fan of the HAF cases, the 912 is a sweet deal.....Though the Zalman Z12+ is probably my favorite bang for buck case, since it has USB 3.0 ports and is aggressively priced!