NiBiTor - Force custom voltage

Ezio21

Hello,

I have faulty GTX 460M card in my laptop. It shutdowns whole computer when entering performance 3D Mode (0,9125V) so i need to lower the voltage. I've managed to dump the GPU bios and edit it with NiBiTor but there are only few voltage settings available. Screen below:

77534959807589970562_thumb.jpg

I want to set the Performance 3D mode voltage to something about 0,86V so the card will be fast enough to play some games but won't shutdown whole PC. How can i set a custom voltage there?

Regards

@IVIYTH0S

Im afraid that it would damage GPU, wouldn't it? I can set 0,96V but im scared that I could damage 400$ worth GPU.

@Waco

I've done everything just after buying, it's not overheating, gpu is faulty. Im not a newbie in computers :)

Edited by Ezio21

Downclocking makes GPU enter the 2D mode and stops the shutdowns but as soon as I increase clock to 3D mode then it powers off because GPU gets 0,9125V so i need to make something with 3D mode voltage but performance in 2D mode is very, very low.

As pointed out before, lowering the 3D voltage will likely result in even more problems.  You have two choices, lower 3D target clock or increase gpu voltage.  Don't forget to check gpu temperature to see if that is impacting your situation.