FPS Recommendation, for single player

ivangela

I've personally enjoyed Dishonored A LOT. It's not your traditional FPS and adds in some stealth elements/other crazy things. Here's a good video to maybe see if it's right for you. Next I enjoyed Metro Last Light (and actually 2033 as well). The new Tomb Raider feels pretty good but I didn't really get around to playing very much of it :unsure:  

i dont get why people actually recommend borderlands, both terrible, sp wise.

metro series, i could see how people can like that, i played them too but never finished them for some odd reason :/

i dont get why people actually recommend borderlands, both terrible, sp wise.

Great games, but without friends it just isn't NEARLY as fun, maybe if you've never played in a group and don't know any better...

Assassin's Creed isn't an FPS. Good single player franchise, but not FPS. Here are some of our reviews of FPS's:

Borderlands 2

Bioshock Infinite

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Metro: Last Light

Rise of the Triad

+1 to Bioshock Infinite. Not really millitary though. It can be played almost entirely without using vigors (plasmids from the first 2 games)

I second Hard Reset. Can't go wrong with it.

Can and did go wrong with Hard Reset. Played the demo & on 2 separate occasions the camera shaking from running gave me a crippling headache.

I'd also throw up COD 4 Modern Warfare. From memory ~6hrs. One of the better military campaigns.

If you're also into 3rd person shooters too I'd recommend:

Spec Ops: The Line - very good narrative. One of the better games of 2012 for it.

Binary Domain - Instead of soldiers you're shooting robots (almost i Robot). Gets all philosophical as to what a human is & isn't

Edited by bilcliff

I like the single player stories as much as the multiplayer FPS games.  BF4 was going pretty good, but ended just as I thought it was getting started.  One of the shortest campaigns I can think of.  

I'd start with the Metro 2033, great game.  I've been wanting to pick up Last Light too.  

Bioshock Infinite - is really kinda odd, I had a hard time getting into it.  But I have played and enjoyed the first two Bioshocks a lot, so I'll probably get back to that.

Borderlands 2 - started off pretty fun, but after opening a bazillion damn boxes for loot, I quit it and don't think I'll ever go back.  I was around level 10 I think.

Farcry 3 - pretty good game, maybe a little too easy if anything but great graphics and a good story that keeps you moving through the world.  But Blood Dragon....god is that horrible!

Batman series - not a FPS but a really good game.  I played Arkham City and now Origins just came out.

After all the recommendations of stalker, I tried it out.  I guess I need to find and apply some of these mods because it is as good as blood dragon out of the box.