immediately help please H100i

hello all
i have a some kind of big trouble , i just bought my h100i today and install it on the processor and run the computer for 10 to 20 second only not longer then i take the block off from the processor to reinstall the fan ( i forget about the thermal compound at this moment ) , and i install the block again after 2 min , should i replace the thermal compound !? please help me because i am very anger and sad icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Just  to be safe i would clean both the block and the CPU and reapply the TIM. You never know what kind of debris/particles got in contact with both surfaces while you had it out. Good luck!

yes, any time you tighten down a heat sync then take it back off you should re-apply your thermal paste. When you tighten it down it spreads and fills the microscopic holes in the surface, then when you pull it off it creates miniature air pockets that will reduce the thermal conductivity if you place it back down without re-doing it.

To do it properly yes but it will be ok with no paste on it as long as temps are ok, hell I ran without a heatsink of any kind on it one time just to see if it would. Temps got rather hot when I turned on prime 95...

Edited by road-runner