Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn

HoLoDreaM

Anyone on this? I've been playing the beta and enjoying it. Excited to see it released in a few weeks. Next open beta is Aug 8.

Screenshots or something, please... ) I hope it's not "consoley" type controls.

It's under NDA, so we can't post screenshots, but there are plenty to look at if you do a little Googling.

I played it for a little...and have uninstalled it. The character creation was awesome and the graphics are decent (at least for characters and creatures...not so much the bland environment), but the gameplay was tiresome. I don't know if it's an exact copy of the first game, just with a graphics update, as I didn't play the original, but the first couple quests just had me running around doing errands in a city that was way too big - it was a city that was big for the sake of being big. Compared to more recent MMOs like Neverwinter or RIFT, it was just boring.

Maybe if it was F2P, I would have stuck with it a little longer, but no way is it worth a monthly fee....not unless you're playing it on PS3/PS4, desperate for a console MMO.

It's under NDA, so we can't post screenshots, but there are plenty to look at if you do a little Googling.

I played it for a little...and have uninstalled it. The character creation was awesome and the graphics are decent (at least for characters and creatures...not so much the bland environment), but the gameplay was tiresome. I don't know if it's an exact copy of the first game, just with a graphics update, as I didn't play the original, but the first couple quests just had me running around doing errands in a city that was way too big - it was a city that was big for the sake of being big. Compared to more recent MMOs like Neverwinter or RIFT, it was just boring.

Maybe if it was F2P, I would have stuck with it a little longer, but no way is it worth a monthly fee....not unless you're playing it on PS3/PS4, desperate for a console MMO.

There's definitely plenty of screenshots out there to check out.

In my opinion, it's very difficult to throw FFXI/FFXIV in a category comparing the more popular MMOs out there. It in itself is its own genre, and you have to enjoy the FF lore to really get the most of the game. The first couple quests were just getting around. So far from what I've seen out of my two characters, the world is MASSIVE. Gameplay is fun solo and grouped, once you get past those small city quests.

There's definitely plenty of screenshots out there to check out.

In my opinion, it's very difficult to throw FFXI/FFXIV in a category comparing the more popular MMOs out there. It in itself is its own genre, and you have to enjoy the FF lore to really get the most of the game. The first couple quests were just getting around. So far from what I've seen out of my two characters, the world is MASSIVE. Gameplay is fun solo and grouped, once you get past those small city quests.

I actually tried to get engaged in the story, reading through all the dialog (something I rarely do in MMOs), but it didn't help any (nor did the lack of voiceovers...again, seemingly a carry-over from the olden days).

I'm playing FFVII on my Vita now and it's much more engaging than FFXIV.