Pc restarts? Ram OC issue to 1600MHz

your bios revision should start with a F and then a #,if you boot to bios you should be able to see it. It starts at f1 and goes all the way up to f9. F10a is a beta so I wouldn't use that one imho.You have to dl it from the mb's site and there is also info there on how to flash it.I prefere the usb stick method.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, manually set your DRAM timing to 1600Mhz, manually set your DRAM voltage to 1.50v, and manually set your primary memory timings to 9-9-9-24.

Some other things we need to do;

To determine whether you are getting blue screen error right before unexpected restart;

1. Right click on "My Computer'

2. Select "Properties"

3. System Properties Box will pop up

4. Select "Advanced"

5. 3/4 way down you will see Startup and Recovery

6. Select "Settings"

7. 1/2 way down you will see System failure

8. Clear the checkbox labeled "Automatically restart"

Select OK and reboot.

Start using your PC again and next time it unexpectedly attempt to restart, you may bet a BSOD.  If that happens let me know.

If that doesn't happen, we need to investigate the Windows Event Log and might consider testing your Power Supply.

For the past day an a half i noticed that my pc didnt restart when i switched its settings in bios and ran Tombraider for acouple of hours.Now should i run memtest86 for 6-8 hours? or should we try and tweak settings in bios for better performance and than run memtest?

Memtest looks like it is reading the information off your RAM wrong, but other than that a nine hour wall time is more than enough to determine that your RAM is operating stable.  Please double check your BIOS one more time and make sure that memory is running at DDR3 1600Mhz, with timings of 9-9-9-24 @ 1.50v

Alternatively you can use a program like CPUz to check the same from within the Windows OS.

If RAM settings check out, and your PC continues to run stable then you can lock it down and call it good.  If you want to do some other types of "whole" system stability testing you could run Prime95, OCCT or IBT etc.  They can stress your memory and cpu simultaneously.

not a very fast hd, 5400rpm/8M cache, drive so that would affect your windows load time. Also saw a several complaints of them failing within a year from the quick search I did.

as far as blue screens and restarts, what are your idle and load temp's?