Cooler Master 912 (Confusion help)

There are quite a few monitoring programs and each one of them has their own fan base.  I'll name a few;

RealTemp 

CoreTemp 

HWMonitor

Speedfan

TMonitor

I'm a fan of the temperature monitoring software that comes with OCCT.

However, MSI's own control panel should be pretty well coded to work hand in hand with the temps begin reported by the motherboard in BIOS - so personally I would't discount that either.

During stress testing I personally use the monitoring software included with OCCT.

For 24/7 cpu temps and alarms I use RealTemp.

Welcome to our forum by the way.  Glad that you stopped by and joined.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just odd like i had the control panel in its compact window for CPU Temps and i saw it shift from 43-44 to which youd think looked like real time lol but then i turned it to the full mode and all a sudden my temps stuck at 48-49..  i saw it odd cause i just stared at it in its small window same program for 7 mins and it didnt even get to or past 44 but then in the other was pushing 50 lol i mean maybe it was cause it was a bigger menu? but its the same program using the same resources and thats a good 4-5 degree shift to me its odd also i should mention my RAM is 1866mhz but the MSI Board defaulted them to 1333 so i had to manually change it and in bios it says its current frequency is 1866Mhz as i set it but in the control panel on windows desktop it says its only 1333Mhz running at like 677mhz which is why i said i dont trust it lol

Edited by Enderfect

Makes sense.  You can try one of the other applications that I referenced above.

Be advised however, the version of Realtemp that I use doesn't work with AMD processors (and possibly no other version does either).

So choose from one of the other options  :)

Ya i downloaded OCCT But at this point i think my MSI Control panel is confused as it still thinks my memory is 1333Mhz which i read a review that someones board MSI as well did that to them and they manuelly changed it and to make suire i wasnt crazy i downloaded CPU-Z or w/e it is and sure enough it said 1866

And ty for the welcome

gr8 tht iet wrkz

Having problems with your keyboard or just hit your head a few times too many?

n0 j5t l33t h4x0r 5p33k 1nn1t l1k3

That or he has this keyboard: img_19727_2.jpg

:teehee:

Are you running the latest BIOS revision on your motherboard?  If not you might consider flashing.  Sometimes BIOS updates fix system monitoring problems at the board level.

You could also let your cpu idle for about 10 minutes, record the idle temps from the various software monitoring apps, quickly reboot your machine and jump in to the BIOS and see what your BIOS cpu temp is reading.

Compare the readings and use the app that mostly closely reflects what your BIOS temp reading was.

I Hate flashing bios so far all seems equal the AMD Overdrive was reporting the cores temps at 10.2C so x 4 40 degrees which is normal only confused about what this TMP00 TMP01 TMP02 Tempatures are it appears the hottest thing on my board is TMP02 which i belive is a chip on the mobo possibly FSB north bridge idk but highest it got durning OCCT Stress after 10mins was 56"C  and the CPU And everything else didnt see past 45 i touched it and ya it was pretty hot lol just trying to feel where tmp02 was and ya found it :P

Edited by Enderfect

Ya really wish i would have gotten a 8350 but i was working with litterallly 200 bucks and im pretty sure i did damn well for 200 bucks I like the OCCT Program just wish i knew what the TMPIN00-TMPIN02 was i looked at my motherboard Manuel to try to find out what the hot thing was.. its the chip to the almost bottom left under the cpu thats usally covered by a stock (MOBO Brand Name) Heatsink

Edit: ok i found out what it is its the North Bridge AMD 970 Chip sadly Newegg was more helpful with mapping then MSI's Manuel... this is my first time using MSI im usually a Gigabyte guy and sometime in the future i intend to upgrade to a Asus Sabertooth or Gigabyte gaming board my expierence with MSI Wasnt too bad but not as enjoyable as Gigabyte

Knowledge wise im pretty much solid when it comes to building a pc. its compaitability basic system information but i wouldnt probably be able to say what everything does on a mobo so ima go read what Northbridge does lol cause i belive thats the thing that got to 56" celcius with a heatsink with 10mins of a stress test of occt as it was very hot to touch

Im a Hobbyist passionate to learn more :)

If you could maybe give me a heads up of why it gets hot or if its normal be great and id appreciate it

Still cant figure out what they are ive googled looked up my mobo everything Id guess CPU Northbridge Southbridge but i have no clue

all are sitting at 25"c 30"c 31"c

Edited by Enderfect