Help With Setting Up Mandrake

Neural Interface

Meuh I just installed mandrake 9.1 (dual boot btw) and after I select linux it boots up fine.

then it says localhost login so i type in my name and password, then it just says[myname@localhost]$ :(

what do I do now?, is this in text mode rather than GUI mode?

If X doesn't load correctly, run xf86cfg and configure your monitor and video card. Its been a while since I've used Mandrake, so you may not need to do it. It's handy info to have though. :)

It couldnt detect my 9600pro (only 9500and 9700), so the display wouldnt work, so I installed Redhat, but it wont dual boot, crap sake will nothing ever work right :angry:

I might try that other linux I have, ELX linux or maybe d/L the newer version of redhat/mandrake

Plus I cant set up my internet connection in redhat, it wont detect my realtek NIC or the onbaord (although I dont expect it to without the drivers)

btw is there forceware drivers for linux??

If X doesn't load correctly, run xf86cfg and configure your monitor and video card. Its been a while since I've used Mandrake, so you may not need to do it. It's handy info to have though. :)

I tend to like xf86config more...it is complettly non-graphical which is nice

I'd go for Mandrake 9.2 download version, it's alot smoother than 9.1 for installing, there is much better hardware support for 'newer' graphics cards than 9.1. To be honest, 9.1 crapped up for me too,which is why I'm suggesting 9.2