ASRock z77 pro3 problem

Hey everyone !

System specs: asrock z77 pro3 , i5 3570k , asus 7850 2gb , corsair 2x4gb 1600mhz, corsair 500w , wd green 1tb (storage) , samsung 840 250gb , corsair 500r and corsair a50 cpu cooler , monitor hp 2311gt 3D.

This is a new build for a friend.

When i start up the system nothing gets displayed on the monitor , so i ve tried the 7850 on another pc and it works fine so theres no problem with the card.

Then i tried with another card (6790) on the new pc(pcie 3.0 slot) and it worked just fine.

On board graphics also work fine , and when i tried the 7850 on the 2nd pci slot (pcie 2.0) it also worked fine.

To me it looks like the pcie 3.0 slot is the problem when i put a pcie 3.0 card on it but it works fine when i put a pcie 2.0 card.

Would a bios update help ?

Should i send it back and get  ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 ?

Thanks in advance.

I didnt mention that i tried both hdmi and dvi.

Edited by Daemonarch

First I would update to latest bios for that mb, then try the 7850 so that would be out of the way, then you say you tried the 7850 in another mb, but was it a pci3 board, mabey the video card is at fault if it won't run in pci 3 slots, if your sure it dose and the bios update don't work rma the board or run it in the pci 2 slot, you won't notice the difference.

First I would update to latest bios for that mb, then try the 7850 so that would be out of the way, then you say you tried the 7850 in another mb, but was it a pci3 board, mabey the video card is at fault if it won't run in pci 3 slots, if your sure it dose and the bios update don't work rma the board or run it in the pci 2 slot, you won't notice the difference.

I tried the 7850 on an older 1156 system  pci e 2.0 and it worked fine. i ve no other pcie 3.0 pc to try the card.

I ll try update the bios and see what happens.

I know there would be no real world difference if i plug it to the 2nd pci slot but if i do this i ll feel like i just bought a mobo that isnt working as intended + if i dicide to add another 7850 in the future i cant be sure it ll work.

I know there would be no real world difference if i plug it to the 2nd pci slot but if i do this i ll feel like i just bought a mobo that isnt working as intended

You can't say that your newly bougth motherboard isn't working as intended before updating the BIOS to latest stable one.

You don't have to update the bios. Put it in the other PCIe slot and disbale on board. Make sure the correct PCIe slot is chosen in the bios. Make sure the card is properly seated.

It works ,   i just reseated the card a couple more times and now its ok lol..

:lol: Then won't have set it properly in the PCI-E slot at the first place.

Anyway, enjoy the card.

Edited by d6bmg

It works ,   i just reseated the card a couple more times and now its ok lol..

:lol: Then won't have set it properly in the PCI-E slot at the first place.

Anyway, enjoy the card.

maybe but i reseated it about 15 times , i also googled a bit and  many people have the same prob with this mobo , anyway it works now i also updated the bios and i hope i wont have any problems in the future.

:thx:  again for your time !