The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

bp9801

Patch 1.03 is up! Site is undergoing maintenance now, so just give it time.

• Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
  • Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Improves menu handling
  • Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
  • Rostan Muggs is back
  • Minor SFX improvements

Looks like with GOG Galaxy all patches/updates install automatically with auto update enabled.

Has anyone running game on Steam installed patch 1.03,.. I'm not seeing a download for patch on Steam yet,.. http://steamcommunity.com/games/292030/announcements/detail/134325508037699556

Edited by Braegnok

Looks like with GOG Galaxy all patches/updates install automatically with auto update enabled.

Has anyone running game on Steam installed patch 1.03,.. I'm not seeing a download for patch on Steam yet,.. http://steamcommunity.com/games/292030/announcements/detail/134325508037699556

Steam should have had it same time GOG Galaxy did, least from what I heard.

I got myself a bunch of schematics last night, although still need a little more material to craft them. Both a steel and silver sword, plus one chest armor. Did find about four different steel swords in one area, too, plus gloves, although the gloves are blue and I'm still in black and chain. :lol: Did get through all the prologue sections, so now the game can really open itself up.

Btw, the Temerian Armor set, one of the first two free DLCs, can be obtained from the merchant outside the inn in White Orchard. Just walk a little ways toward the bridge into the village and he's there by the side of the road. Requires level 4 in order to wear it.

I understand why the Witchers don't fight for free,.. I run around and kill everything with swords and repairing them is vary expensive,..

so I'm always broke which makes finding better gear or taking contracts actually exciting.  :P

I understand why the Witchers don't fight for free,.. I run around and kill everything with swords and repairing them is vary expensive,..

so I'm always broke which makes finding better gear or taking contracts actually exciting.  :P

Get some repair kits. I found some in crates in White Orchard, both for armor and weapons. You can buy the kits, too, but aren't the cheapest.

Don't be afraid to spend money on crafting materials, books, recipes, diagrams, Gwent cards, and things of that nature. There is plenty of loot to find in the world to make your money back. Conversely, feel free to dismantle things, especially if the return is for rare items. If the sword or armor is going to give you iron and leather, well, may as well just sell that item. If it's going to give you something more valuable that you can then use to craft something better, dismantle it. Armorers and blacksmiths both can dismantle your gear, so make use of them. Craft some stuff, dismantle some stuff, and you're all set. I'm waiting to get a bit more silver before I can craft a silver sword schematic I found, but luckily I found a nice silver sword that's far better than the stock one. Using that one until I get the crafted one made.

It's a little weird seeing all these posts, since I'm so much farther into the game (about 28 hours played, it tells me).

The repairing of weapons can feel tedious at first, but once you get better geared and leveled, that disappears, at least for me it did. Even when the durability is low enough that the HUD gives you a warning, you can still do some good damage, so finish the fight and get to a craftsman.

Not sure how much anyone may be interested, but I am going to be doing some streaming tonight in preparation for tomorrow. Been suffering several driver crash with the game, and I think it is because of programs hooking into it, such as for recording video or taking screenshots. At least it seems to be related because when I disable those, the game runs fine. Going to try streaming tonight though by OBS Window Capture (as opposed to Game Capture) to see if that will work. Hopefully it will. Doing it on my personal channel, which is in my sig, if anyone would like to watch. Just a test so I won't be on mic, but I will be monitoring the stream if anyone types something in. (Have plenty of non-story-related things to do, so don't worry too much about spoilers, but that is still a possibility if you tune in.)

Any clams or shells you find, dismantle them to get a pearl. Pearls sell for big bucks, so if you're needing money, go diving. Or find the merchant in Hierarch Square.

I'm only at about 11 and a half hours into the game. Taking things slow, exploring, and just trying to enjoy it instead of rushing. Plus there were two full days of helping my parents pack up the house, so otherwise I may be at 15 hours. :lol:

Nexus Mods has the Witcher 3 page up, although things are going to be slim for a bit longer. Game is just ~4 days old.

Just finished up the Witcher 3 stream I did today on the OCC Twitch channel. If anyone would like to see me fumble about doing side quests (nothing story related is spoiled) and say where you can get saddlebags that add 70 weight carrying capacity, check it out.

OCC Twitch Archive

YouTube Playlist (might be processing still, depending on when you check it out, but that's the link)

There's a merchant in Novigrad with a +100 saddlebag, but only during a certain quest. Same with one in Velen, but after a quest. Think Skellige has a merchant with all three saddlebags.

Horse races can net you saddles and I think blinders, too.

Also, be sure to watch what vendors you sell things to. Some will give you better prices than others, so don't just sell all willy nilly to whoever.

I got 2 hours so far.  Just did the first contract in White Orchard and I'm still lvl 1.  It's running great on my rig with whatever default settings.  Also someone mentioned mouse lag on their laptop, I think there is a setting in game Options, Video, Graphics, Enable Hardware Cursor. 

I haven't noticed my weapon wearing out, and haven't been able to craft anything or make any potions/bombs yet.  Maybe it's to early still.