Watercooling Liquid

Pteroduck

Hi all

Im curious  because my liquid in my WC loop is almost at the 1 year mark and its time to replace it, unfortunately im low on anti freeze but i do still have a ton of distilled water and 1 liter of watercooling solution from thermochill i believe. Is it possible to use what i have left? Oh and i have only a tiny bit of anti-freeze left. Any way i can use whats left and have it working well?

its possible. the anti-freeze doesn't help the cooling process any it just prevents mildu from forming inside your lines. if the water cooling solution is anti microbial then it should work

The silver coil will prevent stuff growing in your water. I think galvanizing is perhaps the wrong word (that's zinc plating) but if you mean oxidizing of the metal parts then nothing will really prevent that but I didn't think that was much of a problem really?

It's cause i dont have that much automotive anti freeze left but i have a liter of pre-made coolant and some distilled water, i was thinking that mixing them all could be the wrong ratios or something along those lines

@paul i think its that word because when i read up on a guide the man said galvanizing

heres the link:http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=282232

its right under the coolant section

I'd be careful mixing coolants. You could end up was a mixture that might have adverse reactions. Unless, of course you have mixed auto antifreeze and premixed computer coolant before.

Are there any problems with your barbs and what about lubrication for your pump?

Barbs all still look new, and they are at least 2 years old. If your loop is sealed properly, all you need is pure distilled water and either PT Nuke or a kill coil to prevent any growth. I use the Nuke simply because it was cheaper and does the same thing. Most liquid additives are gimmicks...pure water actually cools better then anti-freeze and most water additives, and you don't have to worry about chemicals eating away your seals or reacting to metals or platings.

A good pump will work just fine on clean distilled water, no need for any added lubricants. They were made to be lubricated by water. Pump problems are most often caused by loose flux from assembly or buildup in the rad getting knocked loose and rattling around in the impeller.

Depends on what you use in the Automotive coolant word. I know the Mercedes Benz blue stuff i am using works fine. Roughly a 50-50 mixture and is safe in just about all rubber products and all metals.

This coolant in particular is the stuff that will last from 10 years in a vehicle and never stain a surface.