Looking for upgrade :)

Kylothian

Howzit peeps

Im looking to upgrade my monitor(s)

Currently the two im looking at is the LG IPS235VPN 23" Wide HD LED, 1920 x 1080, 8ms, Contrast 5Million:1 and LG D2342P 23" Wide HD LED, 1920 x 1080, 5ms, Contrast 5Million:1 (3d monitor)

My knowledge of screens is very limited so im consulting the experts :) both these screens are in the same budget range but not really sure which one to go with. (maybe one of each :P). Most of my friends are jumping the 3d screen wagon, but dunno if it worth all the fuss. The other one as far as I understand is a IPS monitor which makes it special compared to normal monitors I dunno. I do play the odd game, and watch movies (HD ofc :P) and then I use it for work ect. My current setup, have a 22" monitor that im using and a 24" that's playing movies/music whatever. But I want to standardize my setup, and these two monitors caught my eye.

Want to get some input from the masters

Let me know thoughts and idea's please

Get the IPS monitor. 3d is a huge gimmick, I personally cannot stand wearing the 3d glasses, keeping your head lined up correctly with it, the headaches, don't waste your money on 3d. IPS has real benefits, higher color accuracy, huge viewing angles no fading of colors as you move side to side. I would get a 27" 2560x1440 Korean monitor for 300-350 on eBay. I got a catleap monitor from Korea off eBay and it has worked flawlessly and I have directly compared it to a dell 27" and they are very similar just the dell is more adjustable.

• 1 month later...

Like others, I'll cast my vote for the LG IPS monitor over the 3D model.  That particular LG IPS model is a dandy and for the most part the price is right.  Not sure what you'll pay for it in your locale, but you really should consider comparing the cost to one of the 27" high resolution Korean monitors.  

I don't normally redirect, but there is a huge wealth of information here on the Korean IPS monitors;

http://www.overclock.net/f/44/monitors-and-displays

They have been on this story for months now and various folks have covered (and even started clubs) for the different brands.