Intel Smart Response -

Waco

Wow - that is pretty damn lame. Like IVI said... the entire point of SRT is for people who can't afford an SSD over 60GB. Maybe they think SRT will be phased out now that SSDs are starting to come down in price. :dunno:

Not a fan of SRT myself. I think it is way overrated, but I can easily understand the disappointment. :-/

Where do you see it's supported?

EDIT: Because I see this on Gigabyte's site:

Funny that Gigabyte is a bit more forward about it than Intel. :lol:

Well it is not so much that I feel like it is supported as much as I am trying to figure out how/why this doesn't work with non core CPUs. From what I can tell asus has made BIOSs that allow for SRT with non core edition CPUs as I have said before.

Most people who have fiddled with it on asus boards have got it to work. Now to me, gigabyte would also SEEM to be the type of company to have BIOS tweaks to allow for this as well, which is why I was curious why this isn't working for you.

To me this nonsense of - only core edition CPUs can support SRT - seems to be false. People HAVE gotten it to work, so it is software limited vs hard ware limited. Meaning there is noting on (or not on) a celeron CPU that would limit your CPU functionality in this particular case.

Which brings me back to the issue being software related. But that is about as far as I get with my research. So now I am ( or was, because I am sure by now you have already surrendered the CPU) spit balling to see if there were a possible solution.

I was simply seeing if any of my guesses might save you a few bucks :dunno:

Wow, good info. I didn't even realize this restriction existed. Since it's a software restriction, perhaps someone will make a hack to workaround it. Wishful thinking of course :)

I'd spread the word, maybe if Intel gets a mass amount of bad press about it, they'll "lower their standards" and let all of their chips that run on SRT enabled chipsets to run the function through an unlocking tool of some sort.